Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
No matter what, car seats will never match everyone's preference. There are a couple of threads here where some did not like the CR-Z seats. But most do. If additional lumbar support is needed, would just shop around a bit. The product you linked looks to be a good lumbar support. But, pretty much any autoparts store will have some cheap alternatives to experiment around with.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Another option for your is to install a lower lumbar air bladder. There are many places to find these, and here is just one so you can see what these look like:

Universal Inflatable In Seat Lumbar Air Bladder

Just Google terms such as "car seat lumbar support air bladder" and you'll see plenty of web sites.

You can also go to car upholstery shops and they can install something like this for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Although I really like this car, I had my CRZ up for sale on this forum because of this problem. Forum member Ralphie Ralph suggested a seat cushion from Oregon Aero. I ordered one from their website and it has made a world of difference. In fact, I have taken the car off the market and use it as my daily driver without problems. I ordered the 2 inch cushion and backsupport combination in charcoal gray. If I had to do it again, I would probably order the 1 inch because the thicker one raises me up a bit too high. The cushion seems a bit firm at first and I took off the cover to see if there was any hard material like fiberboard or something inside. It turns out that the foam is just very dense, heavy memory foam. As you sit on it, it will eventually mold itself to your backside. The great part is that you can transfer it from car to car or to your desk chair. In fact, I'm sitting on it right now. It's not cheap, but it is a quality product.

Rob

·
Registered
666 Posts
One of the things I miss about my 2010 Camaro SS was the full power driver's seat...especially the adjustable height / angle of the lower seat cushion (the "Butt" part).

I have had lower back problems for 20 years. Whenever I have a car with power seats, I always find it easier on my lower back when the front edge of the seat is raised-up (knees up). This seems to relieve the awkward pressure in my lower back.

What I'm planning on doing is loosening all 4 seat mounting bolts (where the seats are bolted onto the floor) and adding some really thick metal pieces as shims (or just using washers) inderneath the front mounting points of the seat, and getting longer GRADE-8 (high shear strength = safety) seat bolts and trying that out. I think it will work just great! I also think I could use this same approach to angling AND raising the passenger seat up.

We'll see come next weekend... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Although I really like this car, I had my CRZ up for sale on this forum because of this problem. Forum member Ralphie Ralph suggested a seat cushion from Oregon Aero. I ordered one from their website and it has made a world of difference. In fact, I have taken the car off the market and use it as my daily driver without problems. I ordered the 2 inch cushion and backsupport combination in charcoal gray. If I had to do it again, I would probably order the 1 inch because the thicker one raises me up a bit too high. The cushion seems a bit firm at first and I took off the cover to see if there was any hard material like fiberboard or something inside. It turns out that the foam is just very dense, heavy memory foam. As you sit on it, it will eventually mold itself to your backside. The great part is that you can transfer it from car to car or to your desk chair. In fact, I'm sitting on it right now. It's not cheap, but it is a quality product.

Rob

Link ??!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.