Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Firstly, thanks to everyone for providing such valuable knowledge and insight into CRZ ownership! You have reassured me that this was THE car for me.

I am based in Newcastle, UK and although I liked the GT spec models over here there wasn't much choice and I fancied one with that... bit extra!

I ended up purchasing my CRZ from a Japanese auction. It is currently on a ship moving veeeery slowly towards me (impatient)

I know you guys like pics so here it is, pre shipping! Would especially love to make some contacts in the North East of England, potentially arrange a meet so hmu!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi Molly. I'm just down I Cullercoats if you need any info about these lovley little cars. I know what you mean about the lack of GTs about but I just went for a Sports. Even they were rare near here 18 month
ths ago. There was one in Carlisle I arranged to view but he pulled out and decided to keep it!
I eventuly got it from Manchester. It is my joint 2nd car and has only suffered one problem....a dead 12v.
I think there is one in Hexham and I spotted one in Whitley Bay!
Catch you sometime ATB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Molly. I'm just down I Cullercoats if you need any info about these lovley little cars. I know what you mean about the lack of GTs about but I just went for a Sports. Even they were rare near here 18 month
ths ago. There was one in Carlisle I arranged to view but he pulled out and decided to keep it!
I eventuly got it from Manchester. It is my joint 2nd car and has only suffered one problem....a dead 12v.
I think there is one in Hexham and I spotted one in Whitley Bay!
Catch you sometime ATB
Hi Jeff!

I have seen a few around the North Shields/Tynemouth area. There is a really tidy white example parked between Billy Mill crossroads and the roadabout heading to rake lane/New York. Also a silver one with a Mugen style spoiler around and about!

From what I have read in the forum I am expecting the 12v to be dead after sitting on a boat for 2 months, so I plan on replacing that straight away for peace of mind. Other than that the car is in pretty good nick, a little interior wear but grade 4 exterior so only very minor/barely noticeable flaws in the paintwork etc.

The local import company I went with have made the process really straightforward so far and they will be arranging a full detailing service before collection day. I can't wait! I have been endlessly researching and oggling at these beautiful cars for almost a year now haha

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice car, nice reply! The battery should be disconnect on the boat and possibly the big fuse too. I'm sure your importer will sort it all before delivery. Pop a post on when it arrives. ATB

Reactions: Wheres_Mollie

·
Super Moderator
5,558 Posts
That is the purpose of the Backup fuse for shipping. it will be fine. Have it load tested but I think you will be fine. Guess you will be learning Japanese for the dash warnings and Mid! :D

Nice car, nice reply! The battery should be disconnect on the boat and possibly the big fuse too. I'm sure your importer will sort it all before delivery. Pop a post on when it arrives. ATB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is the purpose of the Backup fuse for shipping. it will be fine. Have it load tested but I think you will be fine. Guess you will be learning Japanese for the dash warnings and Mid! :D
I mean it is a cheap enough replacement if need be so I'm not too concerned. The import guys will have all the equipment necessary should something go wrong.

Hahah well the speedo will be converted to MPH and other than that all the dash is in universal warning symbols or English. I will be putting in a new, Nav though :)

·
Super Moderator
5,558 Posts
We have had a number of amusing postings having to do with the warnings for the Message center on the side of the dash AKA MID not everything is symbols. It will just make yours more unique. There has been lots of discussion here about Japan only options so I am curious to see how yours differs from your usual Domestic market and Mine (USDM). I am very happy for you.

I mean it is a cheap enough replacement if need be so I'm not too concerned. The import guys will have all the equipment necessary should something go wrong.

Hahah well the speedo will be converted to MPH and other than that all the dash is in universal warning symbols or English. I will be putting in a new, Nav though :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have had a number of amusing postings having to do with the warnings for the Message center on the side of the dash AKA MID not everything is symbols. It will just make yours more unique. There has been lots of discussion here about Japan only options so I am curious to see how yours differs from your usual Domestic market and Mine (USDM). I am very happy for you.
Hahaha cheers well in that case challenge accepted!
Yeah if anything I would like more Japanese buttons and phrases for that very reason! Nothing like standing out from the crowd in an imported Japanese car, let alone a sporty hybrid 😎

My patience has been tested thats for sure! Should be on UK roads in August (touch wood)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts