Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2011 non nav unit-
is there a way to get an AUX from the rear of the headunit? and add to it an extendor + place it near to the USB place?
so the will be no wire visible (i need to connect an bluetooh deviice that connentd to the 'usb' and from there to the AUX?

·
Super Moderator
7,162 Posts
No, The blue tooth device I mentioned just plugs into the one Aux jack on the front of the radio. The other ones I saw mentioned just plugs into the USB port in the compartment. The One @RandyFS described can be used for either AUX or USB ports. None need both connections at the same time See my response to the other thread about this. The only Aux jack is the one in the front.

In summary some of the blue tooth devices plug into the USB others plug into the Aux jack. The device that @RandyFS responded to you about can be used for either. Why would you need to connect to both?

The USB blue tooth device in the other thread (@RandyFS confirmed that it does not need the Aux jack or cable if used in the USB port) can be used plugged into USB like a thumb drive or it can be plugged into an auxiliary jack. There is no need to plug it into both. It is one device that can be used for both purposes. It receives the audio via blue tooth then can output it via USB or auxiliary. If I understood @RandyFS the poster of that $3 USB device and his answers to you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No, The blue tooth device I mentioned just plugs into the one Aux jack on the front of the radio. The other ones I saw mentioned just plugs into the USB port in the compartment. The One @RandyFS described can be used for either AUX or USB ports. None need both connections at the same time See my response to the other thread about this. The only Aux jack is the one in the front.

In summary some of the blue tooth devices plug into the USB others plug into the Aux jack. The device that @RandyFS responded to you about can be used for either. Why would you need to connect to both?

The USB blue tooth device in the other thread (@RandyFS confirmed that it does not need the Aux jack or cable if used in the USB port) can be used plugged into USB like a thumb drive or it can be plugged into an auxiliary jack. There is no need to plug it into both. It is one device that can be used for both purposes. It receives the audio via blue tooth then can output it via USB or auxiliary. If I understood @RandyFS the poster of that $3 USB device and his answers to you.
[/QUOTE
yes. but eventually I preferred to order other bluetooth device. that also connect to the aux(and the USB), i thought that there are a way to connect aux to the rear part of the head unit

·
Super Moderator
7,162 Posts
There is no other Aux jack. I guess that USB device is only using usb for power and the signal needs the aux input. The others seemed like a better idea for what you wanted which was no wires. if it needs the AUX jack and the USB you might as well just use a straight patch cable with no blue tooth directly to the phone. The other Blue tooth device either to AUX or USB seemed easier to use and simpler especially the ones that were only less than $5.

You have made a choice that is more complicated for no advantage.

What is this big issue with having a wire or an adapter connected to the AUX jack on the front of the radio. I would prefer that to having to remove the radio to connect to the back.

Your car, your choices, good luck with doing what you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts