Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

AutoWeek Honda CR-Z Reviews

I have enjoyed a tv show each weekend called AutoWeek. It has some great reviews and tips. While reading the reviews here, I wondered if AutoWeek had done a review of the CR-Z yet. I checked, and yes they did, in fact, the review is dated 9/10.

There are really 4 reviews on the AutoWeek site. Here are some partial samples. They vary by reviewer, but are generally favorable. I really like Wendy's review.

ASSOCIATE EDITOR JONATHAN WONG: "I applaud Honda for doing this car. It's an admirable idea that isn't going to sell many units because think about: It's a hybrid, which is a niche, and a sporty two-seater, which is another niche within itself.

Now if the product planners at Honda are reading this, I think I speak for almost every Honda guy out there with this idea: Put the 2.0-liter, 197-hp I4 from the Civic Si in the CR-Z and I think you will have a winner. I'm not sure the suspension can handle that power, but I sure would love to find out.

EDITORIAL INTERN JAKE LINGEMAN: "I drove the CR-Z for three days and I think I have a handle on what it's really about: The future.

The styling is cool and looks ahead of its time. Rear visibility, which bothered me at first, became more useful over the weekend as I learned how to ignore the plastic piece splitting the rear glass top hatch with the rear glass back piece. At first it seemed as if it blocked out half the road, but it's only a real problem on hills when it seems like you can't see enough."

COPY CHIEF WENDY WARREN KEEBLER: "This is the best hybrid vehicle I've ever driven. Period. It looks fabulous, especially in bright red, and I got enthusiastic thumbs-up wherever I went in it, from people of a variety of demographics. Its appearance is certainly reminiscent of the CRX, which is a very good thing. It doesn't look like a hybrid, and, therefore, that's not why it attracts the attention it does.

Nor does it drive like a hybrid. With the manual transmission and its nimble handling, it is engaging and dynamic on the road. And hey, look at that nice price! The only complaint I have is the interrupted view through the split rear windshield, but I bet I'd get used to it." :hyper:

ASSISTANT ART DIRECTOR CHERYL L. BLAHNIK: "The interior is nicely done with a futuristic feel with the changing lights. It was a lot roomier than I would have guessed, but the blind spots are really bad and I didn't feel comfortable changing lanes without triple shoulder checks.

But Wendy is right about how this car handles--it's good. There are three modes you can drive in, with each one being a different fuel-saver mode. I drove in all three but mostly kept it in eco. It was a dull drive experience, but the six-speed made it feel a bit better. But when you put it in sport mode, the car feels completely different and is a lot of fun to drive. Then there is also the normal mode and that wasn't too bad either--not as much punch as the sport mode, but not nearly as painful as driving in the eco mode."

You can find the complete review at: 2011 Honda CR-Z EX Navi, an AW Drivers Log

UPDATE: You can also find another great review at MotorWeek. Here is a sample of that review.

"Hands down the CR-Z is more entertaining than any other hybrid. Its compromises show in sluggish acceleration and good rather than great economy ratings. But, then, life is full of compromises, as was the original CR-X. So be happy! The 2011 Honda CR-Z is a step up, since now you can finally be politically correct, and have a ton of driving fun, too."

Here is where you can find the full MotorWeek review. Enjoy!

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2943a.shtml

sparrow

·
Registered
93 Posts
Reviews

Sometimes there is so much information on a site, that it's good to see a link show up in a couple of places to be sure everyone has a chance to share the info.

sparrow

I respectfully disagree.

I recently posted some new reviews in the "Official Car Review Thread". By your logic, I should also post them elsewhere to make sure they are seen. That would be a waste of everyone's time - and it would clutter up the Forum.

If there is a thread with a clearly stated purpose, that should be used when possible.

Thanks for letting me express my opinion!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello there.

As long as it is not taken to an extreme, I do not believe that it is a waste of time. This is a rather large site, with lots of threads and places to visit. A quick post with an interesting link that touches more than one side of a story would, I believe, be beneficial to most visitors. You don't have to post something with several paragraphs, just a quick note what the link is about.

I don't know about everyone else, but I can never really find the time to explore all the items on this site. It is just too easy to miss a good article or story.

sparrow :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.