Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good times. I'm an avid autocrosser, today was my first hybrid autocrossing. :D

Dunlop Wintersport 3D 205/55/16 on the stock wheels. I only did it because my new wheels aren't clear-coated yet (the weather has been too bad to finish them.)

Did better than I expected. First three runs were in the rain, last three were in the sunshine. 48F morning 74F afternoon.

I went anyway today because I was hoping that I'd really get a feel for the car with the rubber that doesn't "cover up" the mistakes I make. Success. I no longer plowed by the end of the day and had a feel for throttle modulation. I found it extremely difficult to modulate throttle effectively while in Sport mode, so I ran in Normal.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I was out today as well, but no photos yet. First in HS. Don't know about PAX yet. VERY fats and wide open course. Over-all not that high on the time charts. kinda bummed about that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Car looks good in the picture!

I went out today, as well. Ran in the rain for the first time in 45 degree weather. Finished third in novice class. Had second for a while but the rain tapered off after my last run and someone snuck ahead of me. Car handled well in the rain. I got to work the grid for the first time so I learned something new.

Doing corner work for two hours was no fun. Soaked to the bone even with gear and an umbrella.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey, I'm still rocking my Wintersport 3D's as well on my stock wheels. It's probably time I changed that crap out. :p Though I probably won't autocross the CR-Z again until later in the season. I want to make sure I get acquainted with my actual race car before divisionals start popping up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.