Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Autocross/Daily Build

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Crash 
#1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Honda cr-z

After and Before :)

I bought my car just over a year ago now with some 85k miles. Just rolled over 106K with a lot of miles up and down I95.
It was only recently that I started doing any modifications to it.

Right now it has:
-Rpf1's at 17x7.5 with federal 595's maxed out at 225/45/17
-Megan Racing lowering springs at 1.8" in the front and 1.5" in the rear
-J2-engineering catback exhaust

I don't plan on doing much else to it/investing much more money into the car. As much as I love it, I'm moving out to Kansas in a few months and the CR-Z isn't the best for highway pulls.

I had a friend get me into auto crossing because of how she saw me drive on the road. I've gone to 5 events ever since with the last one in Daytona. It's so much fun whipping the little thing around the track, and despite being massively under powered, it carries momentum through corners just as good as miata's. If you're not afraid to push the 1.5 liters of screaming power to its limit, I highly recommend finding some scca events near you.

Here's a couple pics of it going around the track:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda cr-z Sports car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda cr-z Auto racing

Bonus pic of my little ghosts for Halloween.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Bumper

See less See more
#2 ·
Since you said your into autocross buy this.
U won't regret it.

Sent from Samsung S10+

#3 ·
What about the car do you not like on Highways? I lived in TX with The Speed Bump ( average posted speed limit 85) and I had no problems there or in NY or now in VA ( again) In my case I got the best MPG on highways when transporting the car between states. I think it is a very capable car but Literally YMMV.
View attachment 60035 View attachment 60038
After and Before :)

I bought my car just over a year ago now with some 85k miles. Just rolled over 106K with a lot of miles up and down I95.
It was only recently that I started doing any modifications to it.

Right now it has:

I don't plan on doing much else to it/investing much more money into the car. As much as I love it, I'm moving out to Kansas in a few months and the CR-Z isn't the best for highway pulls.

I had a friend get me into auto crossing because of how she saw me drive on the road. I've gone to 5 events ever since with the last one in Daytona. It's so much fun whipping the little thing around the track, and despite being massively under powered, it carries momentum through corners just as good as miata's. If you're not afraid to push the 1.5 liters of screaming power to its limit, I highly recommend finding some scca events near you.

Here's a couple pics of it going around the track:
View attachment 60036 View attachment 60037

Bonus pic of my little ghosts for Halloween.
View attachment 60039

#8 ·
Right now it has:
I know that is the max wheel/tire for the class, but it is a lot of tire width on a 7.5" rim. what kind of pressures are you running to keep em from rolling over? I had 215s on a 7" wide rim and found i had to run really high pressures, 45+, to keep em off the sidewall and it made the car sketchy on breaking, especially on courses with imperfect surfaces.

A tire with a tread width equal to or slightly narrower than the rim width is commonly recommended. what you may give up in ultimate grip you gain in response and predictability, at least I did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.