Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Pics hopefully show that the scanner is pressed against the inner diameter of the wheel, kind of resting the plug end of the pad on the valve stem cap. When I ran the "test" program today it failed to read but when I went through the "copy" program everything worked fine. Went back to "test" program and it worked like normal.
Nice!! I will have to try the 'copy' function and see if it works out!!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Did you ever get this to work? I know you've been busy with other CR-Z gremlins but I figured I'd check in to see if there was progress.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Did you ever get this to work? I know you've been busy with other CR-Z gremlins but I figured I'd check in to see if there was progress.
Got it working! For some reason when I updated the app/reader, it may not have fully finished. Next time I kicked the program on with the reader attached it started installing updates again. Took it outside and got it to work.

Sometimes takes a couple of tries moving the reader around the wheel, but got all of them copied!!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Had my snow tires mounted to the 15" honda steel wheels I picked up.

Glad to report.. TPMS clone was 100% successful!! So happy this worked out!

Also, I'm running 185/65/R15 snow tires with 15" steel wheels on HPD suspension. No issues what-so-ever!!

So stoked!! Cant wait to test these out this winter. Last couple years I ran 205/55/R16. Hoping these will be a bit better.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Swapped to the winter set over the weekend. 195/60-15 Nokian "Happys." Tires ride smoother and quieter than the OEM Dunlops and the Cloned sensors are working without issues so far. Even let me know they needed to be topped off with "winter" air.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
195/60-15 Nokian "Happys." Tires ride smoother and quieter than the OEM Dunlops.....
I think you'd find that Flintstone's Granite Widetrax ride smoother and quieter than the misbegotten Dunlops. I wonder if the NVH people didn't have the Dunlops to tune the chassis to. Wasn't another stock tire a Bridgestone?

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Interesting. I'd keep the wheels and change states.

Well, I wouldn't keep those barf-inducing wheels, but I'd move somewhere it doesn't snow.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Probably worth noting that my Car is throwing "Service Tire Pressure System" warning randomly now that I've got my Autel Clones sitting on the car. This is only their second winter...

·
Super Moderator
4,640 Posts
Probably worth noting that my Car is throwing "Service Tire Pressure System" warning randomly now that I've got my Autel Clones sitting on the car. This is only their second winter...
Batteries in sensors may have been on from manufacture and since usually not replaceable are now failing.:nerd:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Doubtful but is there Any warranty on the sensors? You may already have done this but If it ever throws that message at a somewhat convenient moment, use the scanner to check the status of the clones. Might actually be a system error as opposed to something wrong with the sensors.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Still having this issue?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Batteries in sensors may have been on from manufacture and since usually not replaceable are now failing.:nerd:
According to Autel, there's a 5yr+ battery life. we've had some serious cold, which I know can zap batteries, but even still...
Still having this issue?
yes, I just haven't had the time to track it down. I'm assuming I"ve got a dead battery in one or more of the sensors.

·
Super Moderator
4,640 Posts
According to Autel, there's a 5yr+ battery life. we've had some serious cold, which I know can zap batteries, but even still...

yes, I just haven't had the time to track it down. I'm assuming I"ve got a dead battery in one or more of the sensors.
5 years from what date? When were they manufactured? The problem I see with the sensors in general( based on the OEMs) is the device is "potted" (sealed) and batteries are not replaceable. This is why I like the systems in other cars that use the ABS sensors to determine which wheel is low and then the car tells you exactly which wheel so you can quickly and easily inflate or repair the low wheel. instead of a light that basically tells you to check all 4 wheels.

·
Super Moderator
4,640 Posts
These sensors(Autel Clones) and the OEM ones send that info. The system in the car just doesn't display it.
Interesting. I still hate the non replaceable batteries in the silly things. The systems that use the ABS sensors have no batteries to fail or wear out. I wonder if there is an aftermarket display unit for our sensors to get the PSI on the fly?

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I believe the '16 model year has the newer detector scheme. But I highly doubt it would be practical, or even possible, to update the older cars.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts