Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,533 Posts
Sensors programmed easy enough. Tried the scan and clone method as well as manual code entry. I used my label maker to print off each code and stuck it to the respective new sensor. Now hopefully the batteries Don't die before this winter!
Once you clone why do you care which sensor is which code? When you mount them put a label on the rim somewhere just in case.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Good find on the wheels, hopefully the sensors mount on the steel properly. Sometimes that's an issue. The programmer I ordered came from a seller in Cali, the sensors from New York. Tracking info shows that they should be delivered today.
Yeah, looks like my reader is coming directly from China. My guess is that yours is too. Hopefully mine gets here soon!

The wheels I picked up are Honda OEM steel with TPMS. So, they should work! I hope!! Not sure what would cause them not to??

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Yeah, looks like my reader is coming directly from China. My guess is that yours is too. Hopefully mine gets here soon!

The wheels I picked up are Honda OEM steel with TPMS. So, they should work! I hope!! Not sure what would cause them not to??
Some wheels don't have enough clearance for tpms sensors. Sounds like the wheels you bought were designed for the sensors so you should be fine.
My reader/programmer was delivered last week, shipped from California. You may have a bit of a wait if it shipped direct from China. Good thing winter isn't here just yet.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Temperature, pressure and code is all that shows up on the computer. How did you get it to display battery life?
I'll have to look again... it's been 6 months at this point. I feel like it was right there with the Temp and pressure. I know I had to go online to update my software a couple times, so maybe it was there in the newest version at the time.

I don't know for certain if it showed battery life on OEM and Autel sensors or just one or the other.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Finally got around to installing the sensors in the wheels. Easy enough to do. Probably easier without the tires mounted but oh well. I did drop one sensor inside the tire so I'll be fishing that one out later. Had to do something to make it exciting, process was going too smoothly.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Finally got around to installing the sensors in the wheels. Easy enough to do. Probably easier without the tires mounted but oh well. I did drop one sensor inside the tire so I'll be fishing that one out later. Had to do something to make it exciting, process was going too smoothly.
You mount your own tires? Haha.. sweet. Wish i could!!

Gotta get mine mounted to steel wheels for winter. I still need to clone my sensors. Maybe i'll make a video at the same time.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
You mount your own tires? Haha.. sweet. Wish i could!!

Gotta get mine mounted to steel wheels for winter. I still need to clone my sensors. Maybe i'll make a video at the same time.
I wasn't able to find any good steelies for the CRZ... I just got a second set of alloy rims from the classifieds here.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Having trouble getting my reader to read the stock CRZ TPMS sensors. Any tips?

I updated the software to the latest version. What version are you running?

I need to try again when I have some more time, but, wasn't able to get it working just yet. Maybe my batteries in TPMS are low? Would suck if I couldnt get it to read at all :(

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Having trouble getting my reader to read the stock CRZ TPMS sensors. Any tips?

I updated the software to the latest version. What version are you running?

I need to try again when I have some more time, but, wasn't able to get it working just yet. Maybe my batteries in TPMS are low? Would suck if I couldnt get it to read at all
I'll have to check in the morning after work for the software version. Off the top of my head my advice is to double check that you are in the correct menu with the correct year of CR-Z. If your batteries are strong enough to send signals to the car, I would think the scanner should be able to pick them up. Are you holding the scanner against the wheel as close to stem as you can? Or are your sensors unmounted from the wheels?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I'll have to check in the morning after work for the software version. Off the top of my head my advice is to double check that you are in the correct menu with the correct year of CR-Z. If your batteries are strong enough to send signals to the car, I would think the scanner should be able to pick them up. Are you holding the scanner against the wheel as close to stem as you can? Or are your sensors unmounted from the wheels?
I'm trying to scan the ones on the car, and I'm holding the scanner up close to the valve stem.

The scanner appears to work fine with the new sensors I bought. Hope my old ones aren't too dead to read while on the car!! I'll have to give it another try this afternoon!!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Pics hopefully show that the scanner is pressed against the inner diameter of the wheel, kind of resting the plug end of the pad on the valve stem cap. When I ran the "test" program today it failed to read but when I went through the "copy" program everything worked fine. Went back to "test" program and it worked like normal.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 100 Posts