Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am about to buy the Sport and just had a question about how exactly the USB and or audio works with the iPhone.

Does it actually search and tag the files on your iPhone or does the iPhone actually play the music?

The reason why I ask is because in the UK we use Spotify and I believe you guys use Pandora in the states. So I am just wondering if this will work with the CR-Z.

Because these are actually applications that run on the iPhone and they need to actually output the music into the car system as oppose to the car reading the music.

Thanks,
________
Zoloft settlements

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you use spotify or pandora or any music service other than the iPod app, the unit won't show what is playing on screen. When you plug in the iPhone, it will start playing music that is physically on your device.

If you open up spotify and begin playing music from the app, it will override what is playing from your iPhone, but the song that was previously playing will still be displayed on the unit. I

f you play music from anything other than the iPod app, you have to change tracks from your phone. If you press next track on the unit, it will again begin playing music from the iPod app, overriding spotify.

Am I making sense?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Am I making sense?
Yes you are, thanks very much! I don't mind having to change on the iPhone or simply leaving it playing on shuffle as long as it plays I am happy.

Can I just ask - does it use the normal pin connector to USB cable that comes with the iPhone. And does it charge the device while it is plugged in?
________
Weed bubblers

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have an HTC Android and it works well when I plug it's charging cable in to the USB jack in the front center console. It allows full control over my MyTouch Slide 3G.

I was using just the aux. jack, though. It sucked. If I wanted to change songs, etc., I'd have to use the phone. ugh.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes you are, thanks very much! I don't mind having to change on the iPhone or simply leaving it playing on shuffle as long as it plays I am happy.

Can I just ask - does it use the normal pin connector to USB cable that comes with the iPhone. And does it charge the device while it is plugged in?
Yes, you just use the regular USB cable that came with your iPod.

Shatner, thanks for letting us know you can use android over USB. Do you know if it just reads the song files from the sd card as if it were a USB drive, or if the music is playing on the phone through the USB?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yes, you just use the regular USB cable that came with your iPod.

Shatner, thanks for letting us know you can use android over USB. Do you know if it just reads the song files from the sd card as if it were a USB drive, or if the music is playing on the phone through the USB?
It reads it off the SD.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you play music from anything other than the iPod app, you have to change tracks from your phone.

Am I making sense?
Hi, unfortunately I misunderstood you and I was worried that this would happen. Basically I have now got the CR-Z and of course I am happy with everything, however when using Spotify/Pandora I thought I would have to change once on the iPhone and then it would continue playing however you actually have to change each time a song finishes - massively annoying.

So I can't just play a whole album I actually have to manually change each track else it just starts playing MP3's again. Was hoping this would not happen but its a game breaker for me because I cannot sit and change each track.

What I am going to try next is get a line-in cable for the iPhone and plug it into the Aux - hopefully that will work, however it will drain the battery and if I start charging it might also try and start playing MP3's again. Sux!
________
Jenifersplaypen cam

·
Registered
85 Posts
That's weird. I use both rhapsody and rdio as my music apps, and though there is a one second pause in which the mp3 starts playing again, the next track in the app will start up again automatically for me.

Also, I found that if I start the google app on my iPhone then quit it immediately after while it is plugged it, it will stop playing the mp3s, and I would no longer get the pause between tracks. It sounds like such a hassle, and sometimes it is, but I want as little cables in my car as possible.

If only Honda could implement Bluetooth audio streaming like practically everyone else is beginning to!

·
Registered
2 Posts
re: IPod Dhuffle & HTC Hero PROBLEMS!!!

I cannot get the CRZ to recognize these devices when plugged into the USB.

Both are recognized as being plugged in and the USB symbol appears on the radio display, however I cannot access either device ...

Advice?

Much thanks!

LOVING THIS CAR!!!

·
Registered
807 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For all you fellow Europeans and Englishman - if you are using Spotify for iPhone to play music using USB this might help:

- Plug the iPhone into the USB and then start playing music through spotify
- Immediate exit the app i.e. double press the home button and remove the app from the list of open apps.
- Then start the app again playing music.

This will stop the app from going back to the iPod music on track change! Enjoy!
________
Glass weed pipe

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
For all you fellow Europeans and Englishman - if you are using Spotify for iPhone to play music using USB this might help:

- Plug the iPhone into the USB and then start playing music through spotify
- Immediate exit the app i.e. double press the home button and remove the app from the list of open apps.
- Then start the app again playing music.

This will stop the app from going back to the iPod music on track change! Enjoy!
Does this also stop the ipod taking over if you use the bt handsfree? I only use spotify on my iPhone, but I have some music on the ipod as well. When I answer a call with the bt the ipod starts playing when I end the call and not spotify. It's not the end of the world, as all I need to do is tap next on spotify and it overrides the ipod again, but it is a bit annoying. I wish the unit didn't assume you wanted to use the ipod.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If the car could play flac or other lossless files, I'd be right there with you.. Unfortunately I'm having to burn CD's of my high quality material.. (i'll admit, im an audio snob.. only listen to vinyl or out of a really high end DAC(for digital music fiels) I built myslef, at home)
It doesn't play WMA lossless, but it plays WMA VBR ok.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.