Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sprint HTC EVO 4g. I have upgraded to Pandora One which I prefer for all of my audio listening. The problem that I am having is on some songs the speakers in front of the car are crackling and it is driving me CRAZY. I have searched the Android forum and can not really find a solution to my problem. I at first thought it was a speaker problem or maybe a hardware problem with the AUX output. I went to a stereo store and hooked my phone up to one of their really nice cd players through the AUX cable and the crackle was still happening on all of their speakers. I have tried three different AUX cables and still the same problem. It is obviously an issue with the phone and plugging the AUX cable from the phone headphone jack into the radio AUX jack. Any ideas on how to bypass this issue? Streaming bluetooth on factory EX model? Somehow make the USB work the HTC EVO 4g? I am willing to try anything..

Thank you to anyone who can shed some light on this annoying situation. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
use compressed air to spray down in the headphone jack. you may have some lint or something in there. otherwise you can get a bluetooth media streamer. the EX stock radio doesnt do Bluetooth streaming unfortunately.

EDIT: I have a Nexus One so i had to look up info on the Evo. Theres no audio out enabled for the USB or HDMI port yet as far as i can see.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ any recommendations on a bluetooth streamer that will work well with the crx?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
any of them should work, theyre all the same technology. a handful of people on here used the blackberry media gateway (its a streamer thats not specific to blackberries but is sold by RIM). Belkin and a few other companies make them also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.