Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my CR-Z for three weeks. Starting today the USB Aux input generates cracks in the song when playing. It sounds like the speakers are breaking. Does not happen on any other input such as CD or radio. I tried cleaning the iPod connector and changing out the connector cord. Distortion is still there. Any ideas what it would be?

Also, the auto headlamps now turn on and off like crazy in clear daylight. I adjusted the setting for sensitivity but that had no effect. I am driving in sunshine and the lights turn on. Could the sensor already be bad or possibly covered by something? I do not even know where to find it actually to check.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I've got an iPhone hooked up via the usb cable and have not yet had any issue with it.

Not too sure about the auto headlights, but will try to pay more attention and see if it's doing the same. So far haven't noticed anythign out of the ordinary yet.

-Hoi

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
got anything on your dash that might be covering the sensor? (passenger side, end of vent, near windshield). I had that issue with a dashcover until it settle in a little.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My auto headlight sensor is very sensative also. I was in line outside the post office to get up to the mail box when my lights came on (middle of sunny day) and my navi system went to the nighttime setting. Turns out I was positioned IN THE SHADOW of tthe 5 story building across the street and that is all it took for the sensor to think it was night time. I inquired at the dealer if the sensor could be dialed down but he said they are factory preset.
And my AUX sound quality sucks also. Not sure if it was the USB drive I was playing (original source of music was second generation copy, etc) or it might just be the newness of the CR Z.
This is going to be an exciting winter for a lot of us USA owners as we take our new ZEDS through their first big change of seasons.

·
Registered
234 Posts
got anything on your dash that might be covering the sensor? (passenger side, end of vent, near windshield). I had that issue with a dashcover until it settle in a little.
I don't think that this is the autolight sensor. This should be the sunlight sensor for the climate control. The autolight sensor is in the upper middle of the windshield (behind the rear mirror). You can see it from the outside togehter with the rainsensor.

Perhaps there is a bit dirt on the sensor?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I don't think that this is the autolight sensor. This should be the sunlight sensor for the climate control. The autolight sensor is in the upper middle of the windshield (behind the rear mirror). You can see it from the outside togehter with the rainsensor.

Really? odd... when ever my dashcover would cover the sensor on the dash, it seem like the headlights would come on... but maybe that was just my perception. Been wrong before.. once or twice....

Thanks for the info, Daisy

Edit: come to think of it.. also have a garage parking tag on the mirror.. be that is blocking the sensor sometimes....

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

i disagree, i played with the sensor sensativity and the sensor is def. by the vent passenger side by windshield, i have mine set to minimum sensativity and if im in a shadow or shaded area for a few seconds my lights go on, even sooner if i have the sensativity turned up. As for the crackle i use the aux input for my dinosaur ipod and hear nothing sooooooo sorry cant help on that note.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My auto headlight sensor is very sensative also. I was in line outside the post office to get up to the mail box when my lights came on (middle of sunny day) and my navi system went to the nighttime setting. I inquired at the dealer if the sensor could be dialed down but he said they are factory preset.
You can change it, the default is 'mid', I changed mine to 'low', it stopped it coming on the day time now. With your car in pack, select change settings on the HID.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really? odd... when ever my dashcover would cover the sensor on the dash, it seem like the headlights would come on... but maybe that was just my perception. Been wrong before.. once or twice....

Thanks for the info, Daisy

Edit: come to think of it.. also have a garage parking tag on the mirror.. be that is blocking the sensor sometimes....
I do have my parking pass on the mirror but looked at the rear view and saw no sensors in the area. I think the US and European models may have a different location for the sensor.

I wiped down the sensore near the vents and no problems today. Thanks everyone for helping me out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.