Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 714 Posts

· Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·

· Registered
491 Posts
http://www.crzforum.com/forum/107043-post3.html

If I drive it through a puddle and I hydrolock it, then yes.
Warranty technicalities are nice to read but the bottom line is a dealership has no obligation to service your vehicle. So the best way to view this is from the dealer's point of view, which is maximum profitability. That is to say what is more profitable for the dealer? To honor warranty coverage on a modded car or deny warranty coverage as per modifications notwithstanding root cause of the issue in question and make the customer eat the cost of repairs?

If you mod your vehicle in any way, I hope you know someone who works at the dealership.

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
^ I've hit on this before... Everyone has to be smart about the modifications they implement based on their personal situations with the full understanding of what it can mean to the warranty, e.g. Put a new body kit on and have a suspension issue, it is not voiding your warranty - put springs on and have a suspension issue/fail - you'll probably be paying. Over simplistic .. but get the drift of it..

And Art.. Nice stuff.. put her in next month.. will be a great submission... :hi5:

· Registered
1,265 Posts
Warranty technicalities are nice to read but the bottom line is a dealership has no obligation to service your vehicle. So the best way to view this is from the dealer's point of view, which is maximum profitability. That is to say what is more profitable for the dealer? To honor warranty coverage on a modded car or deny warranty coverage as per modifications notwithstanding root cause of the issue in question and make the customer eat the cost of repairs?

If you mod your vehicle in any way, I hope you know someone who works at the dealership.
that is not true at all. the cause of the failure has to be related to the part installed. ie. intake will not void suspension warranty. it would void if you went to lean and blew the motor or bent valves.

· Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
that is not true at all. the cause of the failure has to be related to the part installed. ie. intake will not void suspension warranty. it would void if you went to lean and blew the motor or bent valves.
Regardless, there are plenty of other threads dedicated to the discussion of warranty.

· Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
bahaha see I don't read them all. your car sold me on that spoiler.
I saw your post and I was like, "Now he's just ****ing with me."

It's a great wing. I used double sided tape to install it and it lined up without a problem.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Thanks, man. Only a few more things until I'm somewhat done. Well, I was close to somewhat done until Tony tricked me into buying Spoon parts.
Hehe, I understand :) Looking forward to seeing more pictures...
And good lock :)

· Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
What diffuser us that ??
Seibon OEM style CF diffuser. Kamispeed can get you one. It's a little cheaper than the OEM factory upgrade and even has spots for the grey honeycomb pieces or the reflectors.

· Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Since it's been almost two weeks since I've installed new parts for my car...

It's Back!
McSpoon's McMotor Rib!

And the JDP Carbon Fiber Grill Cover. I don't know if I'll keep it on, but the price was right. I have a plan to fix the chips in it. They're pretty nasty.

And Domo

41 - 60 of 714 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.