Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're in the process of selling our TSX (the payoff check is "in the mail" today) and I called our dealer and they sold the only Storm Silver EX 6MT. It's not as if we had a deposit on it (they don't take em) but sheesh, it was there on Monday!? I guess we'll go for white instead. It is a Pearl White right?

·
Registered
803 Posts
I wanted a white CRZ, no one in Austin had one. So I looked at online dealership listings on HONDAS website. Closest one I found was in San Antonio. So if your set on silver, find it. Don't regret getting a color they had in stock. Its your new car, buy what you want. They can also do a dealer trade. So unless they are giving you some miracle of a deal then don't settle for the color on hand. Even tho I think white is the best color choice (since I own it) I am biased.

I actually bought a 09 fit, wanted black at the time. However they only had silver in stock (this is right when they hit the lot). Over time I've actually come to prefer the silver over black, but now I think the white fit still looks the best. So basically what I am saying is that color you wanted doesn't just disappear after you purchase the car. You will still think about it, and it will bug you just like it did to me. So I suggest getting what you want, bottom line.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They can also do a dealer trade. So unless they are giving you some miracle of a deal then don't settle for the color on hand.

So basically what I am saying is that color you wanted doesn't just disappear after you purchase the car.
Unfortunately, there is nobody to trade with here. All three dealers have two Blacks a piece and a few other choices. With the sale of our car a 'done deal' we'll need to get the second choice. I have very few 'color rules' as I'd drive Red (93 MR-2 Turbo), Yellow ('01 S2000) or Blue (current TSX), but my wife doesn't like the 'bright' colors, or black. So it's either Silver or white. We kinda liked the Silver since it looked so much like our first S2000s Silverstone Metallic. But the white is fine too.

I'm in the business and I understand all too well how these are ordered and how difficult it is the match color to a customer with 100% satisfaction. Bottom line, we can't really wait but thanks for your suggestions, I'm sure others in this situation would be able to take something from your advice. Especially about getting what you really want. I tell the same to my clients.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I do not buy the color is sold out. I bought an 2007 SI and they didnt the color in stock at the dealership in Michigan. They did a dealer trade with a place in Georgia. So all this stuff about no colors is a smoke screen. It can be done. Or drive to a place a couple hours away and get the car you want. Its worth driving a few hours to get the car you want IMO

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, to be more clear, I'm in Hawaii, there are only 3 Honda dealers and that's it. No dealer trades outside of these three unless you're willing to pay $1100-1200 shipping cost to bring something from the mainland.

When all is said and done, we missed the car by a day. But I wouldn't have done anything differently. There is no way I'd commit to a new car till the other one was paid for and off my hands or at the very least, the check was on the way to Acura Finance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.