Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 225 Posts

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting my build on my third car & I am very excited!! Progress will be slow as I am a student here in Jacksonville, and after my accident my insurance increased a tad bit.

Since I loved the look of my Focus..

& the handling aspect of my lost love; my s2000..

So, I'm going to combine the two looks into my cr-Z =D.

Already planning on buying a JDP Engineering Carbon Lip next week!

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Solid beam? I haven't had time to research suspension yet.
My friend owns dominanteng.com and he made a lot of my suspension on my Focus, all custom. So I will bring it to his attention about the camber issue. I know VW's have camber shims. But that only give you one option for degrees.

Dominic's were able to give me -8 + for the Focus, but the Focus did have independent rear.

I'll keep updated.

Also, no idea if the lip has performance to it. LOL

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
Thread has been cleaned up.. It is the OP's build thread. Please stay on Topic or at least close.. Thanks.

· Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Thanks, Scotty. Sorry about that. I should really know better.

As I was saying, when you get your lip, be careful with the double sided tape. Once you get it on there, it's not coming off. It's not something that you can stick on there, and then adjust once it's on there. Northbridge recommended that I take the front bumper off and lay it facing upward so that you can set the lip in place and drill holes after you lined it up. I, being too lazy to take off my front bumper, jacked the front of my car up, duct taped the lip to the bumper and drilled holes, starting from the outsides and working toward the middle and it fits pretty well. Good luck with it when you get it and be sure to post photos.

a.k.a.

:worthless:

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome, thanks for the heads up! My good friends owns a body shop so ill try to get him to help. I don't want to put too many holes in the lip, so ill do 50/50 holes and double sided tape. Also debating on the wing too ... hmm..

Heading down to Orlando to test fit some CCW in 18x10 and 18x11.5.. just to see how big i can actually fit on the car. I wont be having 10s or 11s LOL.
Then after thats should be headed to CCW to talk to Dan to see whats up with ordering a set of classics.

· Premium Member
8,099 Posts
I did 6, which wasn't too bad. You could probably get away with 2 and double sided tape. The wing is really nice. I haven't been a fan of too many of the wings out there, but the JDP one is subtle. It doesn't draw a lot of attention, but it looks good when it's on there. All you need is double sided tape for that one.

1 - 20 of 225 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.