Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a 20 mile test drive and when me and my wife got out both of our backs where actually hurting. Where in our late 20's so its not bad back problems lol.

I noticed what seemed to be way to much lumbar pushing into my middle to lower back. The top of my back and tail bone felt like they where not touching the seats.

Ive been watching the crz since concept and this one thing is pretty much a deal breaker. We done 1500+ mile road trips a few times a year and if after only 20 miles where both un comfortable..... I'm actually very very close to singing a deal on a 11 GTI. No complaints about those seats.

What do you all think of the seats. Owners and test drivers alike? Is there anything im missing that could make them comfy?

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
I had the same problem as you on the car I test drove - as I think I posted in another thread somewhere, it was one of my major concerns when trying to decide whether I was going to buy this car or not. I ended up figuring that I could just get a pad or something if it ended up being a big deal, and took the risk.

I don't know what's set differently between the car I tested and the car that was delivered to me, but from day one, this one has fit me like a glove. Or maybe I just learned a different way of sitting in it, I don't know.

So...not as helpful a post as it could be, I suppose, but maybe you can convince a dealer to let you just sit in one for half an hour playing with the seat. :unsure: I do know that my last car was an automatic, and that I always used to sit a little crooked in the seat, right foot more extended, resting more on my left hip than my right. The new car is a manual, and that straightened me right up in the seat.

·
Registered
99 Posts
...I'm actually very very close to [signing] a deal on a 11 GTI. No complaints about those seats.
Funny you should mention it. I traded in a 2010 MKVI GTI for the CR-Z. The GTI's seats made my back incredibly uncomfortable; and I find the CR-Z seas to my liking. I'm in my mid-20s, and my spine is one moody SOB.

Just bear in mind, to get the same options on a CR-Z EX, you'll need to shell out like $25k+ for the GTI, but you already know this if you're about to sign. :mellow:

Also, be sure to take a lot of time in the seat in the GTI. I never felt centered in the car... like the seat was too far inside the car, and rotated slightly clockwise. I felt I had to lean slightly left and pivot a tiny bit to be where I needed to be. It was weird, but frankly many things about that car made my rage. That's why I'm here.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Everyone who has sat in mine says the seats are extremely comfortable.
I'm most picky about the angle of the headrest. I love the CRZ's seats.

Did you take the time to adjust them well when you test drove it?
I kinda wonder if you had the seat back too far up or down.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
My only complaint really is that the seat cushion is a bit to hard for my liking. Would be nice if Honda had the recaro seat as an option fro EDM as well. Guess it has something to do with the extra side airbag in the seat and safety rating or something.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm 6'6", 35 and have put about 60 miles on mine and the seat are fine to me. Seat is slid all the way back and back isn't tilted back too much, as I like to sit up as straight as I can. Wife says it sits nice too. We love it!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Unfortunately, comfort of the seats isn't something you can just ask other people's opinion about, since every person has to find his/her own unique seating position that is most comfortable for him/her. It doesn't matter if 1,000,000,000 other people find the seats comfortable, if you do not.

That being said, my husband and I have put 18,500+ miles on our CRZ and both find the seats comfortable (I'm 5'6" & he's 5'10"). In fact, my husband has a ton of back problems (including a herniated disc), and he has found them to be the most comfortable seats in any car he's sat in in the past 10 years or so (it was his #1 "comfort" request in choosing a new car).

·
Registered
282 Posts
Unfortunately, comfort of the seats isn't something you can just ask other people's opinion about, since every person has to find his/her own unique seating position that is most comfortable for him/her. It doesn't matter if 1,000,000,000 other people find the seats comfortable, if you do not.

That being said, my husband and I have put 18,500+ miles on our CRZ and both find the seats comfortable (I'm 5'6" & he's 5'10"). In fact, my husband has a ton of back problems (including a herniated disc), and he has found them to be the most comfortable seats in any car he's sat in in the past 10 years or so (it was his #1 "comfort" request in choosing a new car).
:thumbsup: Couldn't agree with this more. You have to decide what's comfortable for you. Personally I'm 6'3" and the wife is 5'4" and we both think after 3500 mi these are the most comfortable seats of any car we've owned, including a 2006 Accord and the Fit.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My only complaint really is that the seat cushion is a bit to hard for my liking. Would be nice if Honda had the recaro seat as an option fro EDM as well. Guess it has something to do with the extra side airbag in the seat and safety rating or something.
Recaro seats are extremely firm and structured to lock your body into the seat.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.