Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
3,036 Posts
Do they really offer protection for the money? Looks aside, that is. I really value you all's opinions. Thanks. (Flaps will run me $321 and molding $638 installed.):think:
do it yourself... not that hard... and LOTS cheaper. Plus you can make sure it is done right! There are seveal places that sell the parts... with instructions... like the Honda dealer we have as a vendor : Genuine Honda Accessories at Discount Prices - Honda Product Information, Videos and News

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cringe when I say this, but I've never done anything like that with cars. I'm a great do it yourselfer when it comes to furniture refinish, upholstery, sheetrock - house renovation stuff, etc. But no metal. I'm a female and I won't get help from hubby. I think I need dealer install. sigh.

· Registered
41 Posts
I have put mudflaps on every car I have owned for the last 30 years or more, I think it keeps them cleaner and less paint damage from stones and tar, I paid less than $100 on line, the front install is really easy, the rear install by the book is insane, I did it my way, did not remove the bumper, no holes drilled in the side, but they will not come off. Maybe you could find a detail garage to install them cheaper

· Registered
3,036 Posts
I cringe when I say this, but I've never done anything like that with cars. I'm a great do it yourselfer when it comes to furniture refinish, upholstery, sheetrock - house renovation stuff, etc. But no metal. I'm a female and I won't get help from hubby. I think I need dealer install. sigh.
If you can do the house stuff.. you can do this..

The molding is adhesive... just stick on .. just make sure you get them straight.. they do send templates... http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/crz/2011/bodysidemoldings.pdf

The mud flaps are harder if you do it by the book ( as was mentioned in previous post).. but there are easier instruction on the forum.. you would just need to find them.

Really.. you could do it.... if you can do the other stuff... this is easy!

· Registered
348 Posts
Like the members mentioned...if you can do the house work, you can do this. Very easy.

I plan to put mine on this coming weekend, Im going to try to see if i can install the rears without taking the bumper off. Maybe i'll do some kind of diy.

· Registered
5 Posts
mudflaps are easy on the rear just takes time u have to drill holes and im pretty sure u have all the bits and all to diy they have marking on the bumper where u drill i thought it would be difficult at first but it wasnt at all taking of the bumper is also an piece if cake

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you ALL so very much!!! This gal's got her own drill and if you all think I can do it, then I guess I'll order the flaps for sure. Just a little nervous about the molding going on straight, so maybe I'll wait on them.

Thank you again!!!

· Registered
106 Posts
It's not hard. I started with modding my motorcycles. Once you punch that first hole through, you are set.

I like the mudflaps but the rear ones have a quirk I noticed the other day. The front rear mudflap has a little bit of a lip that catches rocks between it and the tire well. I have a gravel driveway so I'm picking them up on my own driveway.

· Registered
41 Posts
Look in my Garage for two pictures of the screw locations, I took off the back wheels, used a double strip of double-sided mounting tape hold the mudflaps in place and run the screws in, the top and bottom right screws are big headed and long and really tighten up, the left three just keep it in place, the mudflaps are tight, I have put mudflaps on other cars that the setup seemed really poor but they stayed on, there is really no wrong way to do it if they look good and stay on, hope this helps. Big plus, if I ever want to take off the mudflaps I do not have holes on the side of my bumper.

· Registered
579 Posts
i wudnt have got the mudflaps unless i had gotten a black car. I saw them on white and they stand out way too much. But on black, they blend it and look clean. I tell ya, they work wonders. I no longer have mud or dirt streaked across my doors and fenders like on my previous car.
I have the mudflaps btw and my crz is black...:)

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
I have the side moldings. They look nice but really do nothing to protect the door/sides from anything over a couple feet high. Anything like another car door, shopping cart and your still going to get dinged. Unless you like them for the looks, wouldn't bother.

- Storm Silver CR-Z CVT EX/W NAVI -All the exterior/Interior options - 17" Rims/Tires etc., minus Nose Mask.
- Previous Car = CIVIC Hybrid EX/W NAVI and HFP Package - 18 HFP Rims/Tires and body moldings. Really liked it but always in ECON mode. Lov'n the CR-Z. Wifey too.
- We are 49 year old empty nesters.

· Registered
618 Posts
How well do rear mud flaps work with rain on the CRZ? The rear hatch has low pressure at highway speeds. Do the rear guards help or do they just make the water into finer atomized drops that accumulate on the lower back glass?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.