Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to install the Front lip Spoiler and Splash Guards - both of which require the removal of the bumpers. I understand the various screws and bolts that need to be removed but am iffy on the yanking part. If someone has the official service guide or tips with this process, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
here's a tip
for rehanging the front bumper.

put in 1 or 2 of the upper center clips (above the radiator) to keep the bumper in place while you work the sides in under the headlights. This will allow you to do it by yourself.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'm looking to install the Front lip Spoiler and Splash Guards - both of which require the removal of the bumpers. I understand the various screws and bolts that need to be removed but am iffy on the yanking part. If someone has the official service guide or tips with this process, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
You're not looking real hard. It's been discussed MANY times. The highlights are that you don't need to remove the front bumper for the front lip spoiler, but you can if you like. Second, you need something soft under the bumper when you take it off so that it doesn't get scratched.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
^ commenting on a 2010 post.. :giggle: Wasn't quite the forum it is now..

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,161 Posts
In case anyone else is looking for this information (like me, for instance), I found these two videos for R&R-ing the front bumper, on YouTube.

My French is rather rusty, but you can see everything fairly well.

Dismount:

Remount:

They are in real time, without anything more than a few hand tools (on a gravel driveway - yeesh!).
So the whole process on and off looks to be about 20 minutes work with one person.

Anyone wish to tell us that they were responsible for these?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.