Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting these. Anyone have experience with them on the CR-Z. I’m mainly curious about the increased mpg but will take any review of overall. Looking at these in 205/55/16 but contemplating going back to stock size to see if that’s more mpg also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also if anyone has thoughts on the Bridgestone Ecopia E422 plus feel free to chime in. Seems the reviews are better on the continental but I’m always open to feedback.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I recently got the Continental Pure Contact LS which also has the EcoPlus technology about 6 weeks ago. Very comfortable ride, smooth and very quiet. Grips much better (dry and wet) than the OEM type Dunlaps that were on my car. No noticeable difference on MPG.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up going with the continental control contact tour all season plus. Definitely a smoother ride. Just got them put on this morning so not sure about longevity or mpg gain or loss.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'd like to know what you find as far as if it effects your gas mileage. I am coming up on a new set and have been looking also.

·
Super Moderator
6,335 Posts
I am on my second set of Pirelli Cinturato p7 all season Plus tires and they seem to work well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am on my second set of Pirelli Cinturato p7 all season Plus tires and they seem to work well.
Those don’t seem too shabby. Did you notice an increase in mpg with them? Just curious if the eco tires are legit or a crock

·
Super Moderator
6,335 Posts
Well I have had the OEM Dunlops that did not last long and sucked in all ways then I went to these and I am on my second set of them and I bought the car brand new and have over 74000 miles on it now( living in 3 different states and different areas and driving conditions (VA to TX to NY then Back to VA with car driven between location each time I moved) so I really have no basis for comparison.

MPG has always been good till Pandemic still getting over 30 but used to get over 37 even more on longer trips. But now a lot of short trips and car sitting for weeks without being driven. I could check my log book for max miles per tank if that would help you. Every tank of fuel is recorded in that log book and I am on my second one for this car. Amazon.com : AT-A-GLANCE Auto Mileage Log Record Book, 3.75 x 6.12 Inches, Black (AAG8013505) : Appointment Books And Planners : Office Products

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I have had the OEM Dunlops that did not last long and sucked in all ways then I went to these and I am on my second set of them and I bought the car brand new and have over 74000 miles on it now( living in 3 different states and different areas and driving conditions (VA to TX to NY then Back to VA with car driven between location each time I moved) so I really have no basis for comparison.

MPG has always been good till Pandemic still getting over 30 but used to get over 37 even more on longer trips. But now a lot of short trips and car sitting for weeks without being driven. I could check my log book for max miles per tank if that would help you. Every tank of fuel is recorded in that log book and I am on my second one for this car. Amazon.com : AT-A-GLANCE Auto Mileage Log Record Book, 3.75 x 6.12 Inches, Black (AAG8013505) : Appointment Books And Planners : Office Products
Nah no need to do that. Thanks though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a set of Conti PureContact LS from 4wheelonline. These tires are sticky and quiet on pavement. Handling and cornering are fine for this type of car.

·
Super Moderator
6,335 Posts
Codym8209 posted he bought continental control contact tour all season plus. So basically at this point all the rest is just suggestions for others.

I have a set of Conti PureContact LS from 4wheelonline. These tires are sticky and quiet on pavement. Handling and cornering are fine for this type of car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts