Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got their android phone working through the USB to play music on the radio? My htc desire z (called the G2 in the USA) has mini USB out so I can connect it's USB cable to the USB input on the dashboard. But when I do , nothing happens and the phone just plays music through the phone loudspeaker.

·
Registered
45 Posts
USB will not work, it will only charge the phone. You need a cable to go onto the aux jack and the phone. I have an HTC EVO 4g and it has been driving me crazy. My cable comes from the headphone jack to the aux plug in. With my phone it sometimes makes the speakers crack and rattle. I have just ordered a blackberry media gateway so I can bypass the aux/headphone connection and just stream audio through the media gateway to play through the radio. Hopefully this will work without any more popping noises.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes, it works with the Desire, but not in the way you seem to be trying to make it work.

All you can do is use the SD card in the phone as a USB source for the radio. To do this, plug in the phone through USB and select 'mount as disk drive'. It took a while to load up, but then the radio can play MP3s that you have on the phone.

It is not possible to stream music over USB from an android phone. I haven't tried my iPad to see if that can do it (and have the player on the portable device take control).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it works with the Desire, but not in the way you seem to be trying to make it work.

All you can do is use the SD card in the phone as a USB source for the radio. To do this, plug in the phone through USB and select 'mount as disk drive'. It took a while to load up, but then the radio can play MP3s that you have on the phone.

Thanks, yes that works very well.
Interesting that it picks up the music folder first
Are you structuring your music to make it easier to select tracks? At present I have 200+ songs and its offering them to me in date order.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Thanks, yes that works very well.
Interesting that it picks up the music folder first
Are you structuring your music to make it easier to select tracks? At present I have 200+ songs and its offering them to me in date order.
Do a search.. we have covered all of this before, and there is a lot of good information already out there....

:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.