Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. Mine's due June 18. White Sport with the fancy wheels. I'm in the UK. I gather the US version is a little different, with no back seats at all (which makes sense). Anyone know if that's the case?

·
Registered
4 Posts
First Drive

Ha just collected the 'Z' First impressions good. Quick lap of Isle of Man TT course on way home (purely in the interest of science of course) Great to drive in sport mode will have to tape down the button. Seats a bit flat but OK. Only just big enough I am 1.86M and I only just fit. We have a GT and the glass roof robs a bit of headroom. Handling good, no grip at all from the eco tyres they will have to go, nice little extra kick from the tail on turn in which tightens the line and then lots of understeer but feels OK with lots of potential for future tweeks. Gearbox lovely steering Ok in sport mode. Quite odd when the motor assist stops assisting and engine takes over, bit of a torque dip, i am sure this will improve with mileage. Seems to stop assisting at about 4000 Rpm (according to the instruments). Drives like a turbo diesel low down and a small revvy petrol engine higher up the rev range nice combo. Watching the battery charge up is a bit addictive!!!!

The type R version just needs a Vtec 8500Rpm screamer with the assist low down to boost the bottom end, be brilliant then! Hears hoping.

Oh and the economy (who cares?) Over the first 80 miles is done 37MPG according to the computer which I think is OK given the newness. Am doing an 800 mile road trip next W/E so will have it run in, then its full beans all the way!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man, what a way to try out the new car. Isle of Man, indeed. I'm very envious. Sounds like good news so far, though 37mpg is a damn far cry from the advertised mileages. Still, it was the TT course in Sport mode.
Nice one!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.