Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
$21,410 is the lowest offer I recieved. Other dealers quoted $21,660 as the starting price for an EX w/CVT. This is before any fees or taxes.

I assume given the limited numbers of these cars dropping the prices won't be needed. Unless you wait a couple months and see if the car becomes a huge flop :blush:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I paid sticker price plus 7% Indiana Rip Off Sales Tax, $150 doc fee, no extra charges for paint sealant, floor mats, or splash guards.

2011 Black CR-Z EX, 6MT, Out the door: $23,288.

With the entire 4 dealer allotment selling out the first week, there will be no discounts.

·
Registered
618 Posts
In the US the margin between invoice and MSRP on an Insight is about 5%. That is, invoice is roughly 95% of the MSRP price. So I was using that as a guestimate of how much Honda dealers have to work with on the CRZ. I suspect there's also hidden "hold back" percentages in there as well.

I had to order mine from Japan. Due to current supply/demand it will be difficult to get a discount on something not on the lot.

It can be done though.
1. Contact about 5-6 Honda dealers in your area, preferably not affiliated with each other.
2. Contact them only via email.
3. Spell out exactly what you want. If they have something on the lot that you're interested in, tailor your specs to each dealer if you're flexible. You'll get a better deal.
4. If at least two of them come back with lower prices, you're good.
5. Play them off of each other and see how they react. Be patient. Give it a couple of weeks. Sometimes if you don't talk to them for a couple of days, they'll come back with a better deal on their own.
6. If they ask you to call them, don't. That's their domain. Stick with email as you'll have a trail of what was agreed upon.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Also something that I encountered... if there isn't a picture of the car displayed on a dealer's website, chances are the car is on order and it listed as a default configuration. The default configuration for a CRZ is manual for both the base and EX trims. This can make it appear that the dealer has a manual in stock or on order when they don't.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
What are folks getting for interests rates?

I've worked exact details with two dealers who both say I can get the best rates available. Which is like 7% APR on 60 months....

Is this what to expect, because if that's all I can get I'll go the CU route or with a AAA loan.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
If you have a home equity account, the US prime lending rate is 3.25%.
I don't own a home or ever see myself settling in like that.

Eh. You know I wish we could combine Honda products with Kia price haggling. Shopping at Honda feels like you either pay what they want or you can shop somewhere else. I also wish I had patience to wait a year and see if they offer 0.9% on left over 2010 models.

Well I pulled the trigger regardless. I'll still finance shop starting Monday but Manchester Honda of CT is looking for a white or black EX CVT. I'm told to expect word on wether white is available later this week.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I am surprised to see that there is indeed some very significant discounting going on for CRZs.

I did a search on autotrader.com and found 590 new car listings of CRZs. Several dealers are posting discounted prices for in stock CRZs. The biggest discount I saw was at Ed Voyles Honda in Atlanta offering 2 EX Navis for $1153 under list price and a base 6 speed for $1076 under list!

bizzybear should take note that Tampa Hondaland is offering a $669 discount on an EX 6 speed.

It may be premature to say this since the car has officially only been on sale for 4 days, but it sure looks like the CRZ is shaping up to be a total sales failure for American Honda.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Just a data point, I know one of the dealers listed in the autotrader lower prices have actually marked the cars up on the lot by about $750 of overpriced accessories (pinstripe, mud guards, wheel locks). I won't say which dealer, but it's close to Charlotte. Hope no one gets a rude surprise.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
I am surprised to see that there is indeed some very significant discounting going on for CRZs.

I did a search on autotrader.com and found 590 new car listings of CRZs. Several dealers are posting discounted prices for in stock CRZs. The biggest discount I saw was at Ed Voyles Honda in Atlanta offering 2 EX Navis for $1153 under list price and a base 6 speed for $1076 under list!

bizzybear should take note that Tampa Hondaland is offering a $669 discount on an EX 6 speed.

It may be premature to say this since the car has officially only been on sale for 4 days, but it sure looks like the CRZ is shaping up to be a total sales failure for American Honda.
thanks for the heads up... Tampa is close by my sister but still about 3hrs away from me and that's driving at or slightly above speed limit :(

but that is the model i'm looking to get :wiggle:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Just a data point, I know one of the dealers listed in the autotrader lower prices have actually marked the cars up on the lot by about $750 of overpriced accessories (pinstripe, mud guards, wheel locks). I won't say which dealer, but it's close to Charlotte. Hope no one gets a rude surprise.

That is indeed true and there are many dealers who list the car at $19,200 and then state in the fine print that drive doe not include delivery, which well all know is $750.

But the two deals as listed above were discounts from the MSRP list price including delivery and say: Just to add taxes and title and tag fees, which of course are state and local charges that the dealer has nothing to do with.

Through the years I have bought many Honda's and usually have found Honda dealers to have some of the worst attitudes that I have ever dealt with. Honda has historically enjoyed a line-up of cars that are usually in high demand. Or at least the ones that I have always been interested in have been high demand cars. Back in 1985 I really wanted a Prelude, but I couldn't find a dealer who would make a cash deal for any less than $1000 over list price, and that was when list price was right around $10,000. I bought my 1985 CRX used in 1986 because the dealers were marking them up so much. I drove 325 miles to buy my 1987 Legend Coupe when it was new because my local dealer would not consider taking less than $2000 over list.

When I tried to buy my first NSX back in 1991, the dealers wanted $20,000 to $40,000 over sticker price, I passed. It took several years before I bought one because of the terrible dealer attitude on price. But of course the selling price of a car is a supply and demand thing and it looks like right now, there is much supply and a rather low demand for the CRZ.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
i think the demand is still relatively low b/c nobody knows about it yet... i haven't seen advertising for it yet... heck, there was a girl on the CR-Z facebook page that just bought a Civic a few weeks ago b/c she didn't know when the CR-Z was coming out, now she's thinking of trading in her new Civic for a CR-Z lol...

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.