Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hey guys,

I seem to get random bugs in my car. I keep my windows up, doors clossed all the way, etc.

But I get the more than occasional bug. Yesterday it was a fucking bee. But I've had gnats, skeeters and now a bee.

This has been going on for the las 3 weeks I've owned the CR-Z. It's cooled down, so mosquitoes aren't a problem now.

Anyone else have this issue? I was talking to a friend and he thought it was weird, too. At firs I thought that maybe it's holding water somewhere, until I saw the bee.

Any ideas?:sadwavey:

And no: My house isn't dirty. Quite the opposite.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I haven't had a problem. We have a stink bug invasion here and they were crawling into all gaps and crevices of my Charger. The CRZ is locked down much tighter. They are probably wandering in when you open that enormous door.

·
Registered
522 Posts
there's an air filtration system for the environmental system, so I dont imagine they'd be getting past that... unless there's a hole somewhere in the hose AFTER the filter... idk if you'd be up for this at all... by my old Metro had a leak in the vent system... a mechanic friend locked it up in his garage, set off a yellow road flare and ran the cars vent system (windows up) just to determine IF there was a leak.... and sure enough, yellow blew in through the vents. he tracked it down and patched it :)

this would at least determine if it's a vent.... :blink::blink::blink::blink:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have noticed this as well. I am located in southeast Texas same as the OP and the bugs have been similar, nats and mosquitos. There seems to be at least one random bug in the car just about every time I drive it. I am conscious of it now and try to pay attention when I get in and out to make sure I am not letting them in. It may be just coincidence but I figured I'd respond anyway.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have noticed this as well. I am located in southeast Texas same as the OP and the bugs have been similar, nats and mosquitos. There seems to be at least one random bug in the car just about every time I drive it. I am conscious of it now and try to pay attention when I get in and out to make sure I am not letting them in. It may be just coincidence but I figured I'd respond anyway.
Hmmm. I've noticed it less lately, but did see a skeeter yesterday. While it's in the body shop I'll have them take a look at it and also take care of some other minor issues.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I really do think that bugs are attracted to "new car smell" or something.

I haven't had any recently, but the first day or two there were a slew of spiders in the door jamb for the first 5-6 times I opened the door. It was like they were trying to get in.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
675 Posts
UH ohhh. ahahaha i saw this forum before buying the car.
Now after i bought the car, i realized it is true how bugs are sorta attracted on the car....
is it because of paint wise?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't think it's got anything to do with the paint. I think theres a little opening somewhere.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

·
Registered
675 Posts
lets pray. they dont build homes somewhere in the car O.O

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.