Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious, does anyone know if there is a way to see how many cars have actually been sold in a specific area ? Every dealer I talk to has had the same CR-Z or two sitting in their lot for weeks, BUT they keep hyping that its a limit production and they are going fast.

J

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am wondering about this as well. Our local Dealer has 2, the same 2 he has had since they came out, another dealer I talked to has one, a 6 speed, he also had a CVT but sold it quick. I am going to a couple of out of town dealers tomorrow, both have 2 or 3 in stock, and have had them at least for 3 weeks. I did talk to a couple of dealers who had none, but had some coming in, but said they are selling so fast you have to put down a deposit. At least 3 of the dealers I have talked to have offered discounts of $200 to almost $700, so I don't think they are flying off lots that fast. It would be interesting to know how many have really been sold.

·
Registered
693 Posts
The actual sales numbers are released from American Honda on the first or second of each month. But I have been watching the activity of cars entered into and removed from Cars.com.

This is not a total inventory but only a large sampling. What I have seen is that about half the cars that the dealers got in their initial deliveries from August 20 to 30, have sold. The other half are still listed for sale. However, some dealers don't remove sold cars from the listed inventory because I guess they want potential buyers to call them anyway.

Of the cars listed on cars.com, CRZs are arriving, and selling, at a rate of about 20 per day. This would indicate an annual sales rate of 7300, but since cars.com dealers represent only about half the Honda dealers in the US, it would be fair to assume they are selling at a rate of about 15,000/year or just about what Honda said they were shooting for.

As a side note i will say that it appears sales in the past 10 days have increased and this coincides with the advertising blitz that Honda began on Monday September 19.

In the big picture CRZ sales will always be low volume compared to 300,000 Accords or Civics that Honda moves per year. But the key number is 15,000/year. If American Honda hits this target, I think they will consider the car a success. But if they end up the year at 10,000 or less, this would be a significant failure for American Honda.

Over in Japan, I read that they have already sold 40,000. I find that number huge for a niche car like the CRZ.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.