Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

any pictures of the rear vision?

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  digitalsakura 
#1 ·
has anyone have any pictures of the rear vision? thinking of buying a crz to teach but dont know how bad the rear vision is.:huh:

#5 ·
Aha! The Motor Trend pic! I forgot all about that! Nice thinkin Mike!
Now that I look at that picture for a 2nd time, I think that rear vision will be significantly better than the CRX...

Why? The CRX also has a long rectangular-ish window glass in the rear like the CRZ does... but it has these little black dots all printed over it from the factory... like a symmetrical "pig pen" which makes it useless to see out of.

From the Motor Trend pic that Mike provided.. It looks as if the CRZ rear glass is crystal clear... I hope it is because that would be great.

#6 ·
I found this in the Edmunds article:

"Don't look back, though, because rear vision is badly hampered by that dramatic, sloping roof line, especially into the blind spots over your shoulders. In Japan, the CR-Z comes as a 2+2 with kid-size jump seats behind you, but the new small Honda will be strictly a two-passenger vehicle in the U.S."

But like I said.. F it! Be a man and roll down your window. There's no way to make the CRZ look the the legendary CRX without having the same roofline... So..

#8 ·
The back of the CR-Z looks an awful lot like the 1st Gen Insight rear area (same small rear triangle windows, same slanted hatch glass, same small windows below the slanted glass hatch). The 1st Gen Insight has a pretty big blind spot, but nothing a simple adjustment to the side mirrors can't address. I lean over to touch my head to the drivers window and just push my drivers side mirror out just to the point where I can't see the side of the car, then I lean my head over towards the passenger seat and adjust the passenger side mirror just to the point where I can't see the passenger side of the car, problem solved. The overlap between the center rearview mirror and side mirrors is perfect. This is a practice that should be used on all cars. Most people tend to keep the side of their cars in the side view mirrors which is what most of us were taught in drivers education.

Or I guess you could go out and buy one of those ugly spot mirrors and stick it on your side view mirrors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.