Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
i like the JDP engineering carbon fiber license plate frame, i'll be grabbing one alone with there entire line up of carbon fiber pieces for the cr-z.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
hi. i hate the dealer license plate frame. anyone here bought a licence plate frame that looks good?
What, don't like advertising for your favorite Stealership??:rolleyes:

Quick fix is to just take it off and go frameless for a while.

·
Registered
886 Posts
except buying into a single brand is anything but different.
Apple has some great products but that ad campaign is just so wrong.
PC can be anything. It's not microsoft or ibm or dell or hp or suse or redhat or ubuntu. It is very different.
Apple is apple..

But I digress

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
^ Just go to your favorite autoparts store or Wall mart and pick up a frame... Pretty cheap upgrade that can be replaced as your mood changes.

·
Registered
320 Posts
kinda sucks living in a state with mandated front license plates, the front of this car is so nice without it. What we need is to design our own bracket that automatically retracts into the front grill :w00t:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
kinda sucks living in a state with mandated front license plates, the front of this car is so nice without it. What we need is to design our own bracket that automatically retracts into the front grill :w00t:

Yea Agree. Front plate law is a pain. I see people getting around it by putting the front plate on the dashboard. Big time mistake. A missile in a accident.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I haven't run a front plate in years, despite them being required here.

I'd rather pay the ticket than ruin the lines of the car (especially important on round nosed vehicles.)

So far nobody has mentioned it.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
I haven't run a front plate in years, despite them being required here.

I'd rather pay the ticket than ruin the lines of the car (especially important on round nosed vehicles.)

So far nobody has mentioned it.

omg, Lawbreaker. Felon!! :pP: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Can't find a picture of it on Google but I have a frame that uses little block letters to spell out whatever phrase you want. You a wide range of letter blocks plus random symbols. Was $20 or so at Target. The upper and lower portion each have a sliding space for pushing in the letter blocks.

I can go take a picture of mine if requested.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i was inquiring about the rear plate frames. i'm in tx also and i plan to take my front plate off... the only problem is the dealer drilled a hole in it, so i gotta find a 'plug/cap' to cover that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
In CA they will get you, the state is broke.
Definitely. The front plate on my wife's Acura CL plate fell off awhile back, including the holder. She loved how much better the car looked. That is, until the first ticket... and the second ticket in just three months. :angry: Ugly plate is back.

It's pretty painful looking at your beautiful CR-Zs in states that don't require front plates. <intensely envious>

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
In CA they will get you, the state is broke.
ain't that da dang truth. I'm so waiting for them to get me at the first instance when I take my CRZ out on the main road with my front tints. Not like i haven't been paying to attention to other cars around that all have tinted front windows for the past few days. lol
:beer:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.