Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got what maybe the first fix it ticket in Costa Mesa, CA. Installed blue LED DRL lights. And obviously coppers really don't like this as I found out. (Like I didn't know. LOL) Actually just installed a prototype 15 LED's in the headlight that are white, so ordered white DRL LED's to match. Guess they didn't get here in time. Haha. So anyone else? :hi5:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Just got what maybe the first fix it ticket in Costa Mesa, CA. Installed blue LED DRL lights. And obviously coppers really don't like this as I found out. (Like I didn't know. LOL) Actually just installed a prototype 15 LED's in the headlight that are white, so ordered white DRL LED's to match. Guess they didn't get here in time. Haha. So anyone else? :hi5:
LED's inside the headlight?

When you get a chance post pics and perhaps a DIY pretty please :thumbup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LED's inside the headlight?

When you get a chance post pics and perhaps a DIY pretty please :thumbup:
Haha. I've already been hit up for pics. I was waiting to finish the grill/ crash bar cover before I did a write up, but here's a sneek peek...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really NICE! How and ....well just how did you do that to look so professional???? I kinda want to do this too but it has to look pro after I'm done.
I wanted to try to do something anyone could do... Removed bumper/headlights. Measured the length of led's I wanted to cover on the headlight, found a 15 led flexible strip on ebay. Measured out the space inbetween the led's, marked the headlight, and drilled holes in the bottom of the headlight. Yeah you heard me right. I was scared at first to. The led strip uses led's that actually project forward and not up. With the holes drilled in the headlight the light from the led's actually project through the lower section of the headlight that was originally black. From drilling it, the black disappeared and the light is very subtle. Just used a hot glue gun to secure them to the bottom of the headlight. Found this to be the most sturdy, water tight and fastest drying. Hope I didn't loose you. It will be easier to describe when I can get a DIY written up.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I think LEDs in headlights are way to played out honestly. Everyone that owned a 370z wanted to do it. I just think that unless its not factory on that front then no headlight LED strip. To each there own. I do however plan on blackout of my headlights, and maybe a color matched housing we shall see

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I had had LEDs in my TSX's headlights for over a year. Never had a ticket because of it. I lived in Irvine. Well... from your picture, I think mine was a bit whit-er than yours.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Anyone getting 'fix it tickets' are bringing it upon themselves. Brutal honesty, but it's true.

Although, some of the illegal stuff looks great. Like black tint on a black car. If you're doing LED, use white. Problem solved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.