Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get my new baby today, so souped!!
Definently getting ahead of myself here, but has anyone experimented with cheap ways to boost power without screwing everyng up? That would be awesome if we can ring some extra hp out and stick it to all the haters. :)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
not much out yet. there are turbo kits on the way, but that's a bit pricey. some intakes hit the market recently too, the cheapest being HKS at $450. not very cheap for CAI. some guy also came on the forums talking about creating a performance differential gear, but i doubt that's going anywhere. your best bang for buck would be a stage 1 turbo IMO. the intakes won't add noticeable power, but they will give the car a grunt which is cool. there is also some exhaust options out, but nothing cheap. all in the $700-$1200+ range if i remember correctly. read through this section (aftermarket) of the forum, tons of info. don't be lazy :p

oh, and welcome. you're going to love this car.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
The Intakes and Exhausts on our site are your best bets. (link below)

Turbo is a pipe dream right now without a large budget and a second car, etc.
these guys have some pretty fair prices.

tai, i'll trade you the promise of a kidney should you ever need one, for some parts ;)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
The OP asked for increase HP. I looked at the intake and exhaust on your site, but there is no data on HP gains with those two items.
intakes and exhausts generally provide marginal gains. i saw a dyno that shows the HKS boosts it a few HP, and it sounds/looks great. the exhaust as well will provide those benefits. i think i saw charts on those systems as well, but by widening the pipes and removing restrictive parts (extra muffler chambers) your bound to increase air flow. very few cars wouldn't benefit from intakes/exhausts.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Lots of money for little gain, but I guess it's up to the individual and what they think is cost effective and worth it.
You can stay stock... no power gain.. no warranty issues $0

You can add CAI / Exhaust... small to moderate power gain, better sound maybe.. shouldnt be any warranty issues (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act) Usually under $500-$1500

You can go forced induction.. major power gains... probably will blow your warranty away totally. $3000 up.... ( this is a after warranty expires thing, for me! Probably:sadwavey:)

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
You can add CAI / Exhaust... small to moderate power gain, better sound maybe.. shouldnt be any warranty issues (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act) Usually under $500-$1500
This what I did for a few years with my S for VERY little actual gain

You can go forced induction.. major power gains... probably will blow your warranty away totally. $3000 up.... ( this is a after warranty expires thing, for me! Probably:sadwavey:)
This is what I did later to the S and would never go back. I should have just saved my money from the start and went with boost once I could have afforded it. Would have saved A LOT of money in the long run.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.