Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealers say that CR-Z's are pretty scarce in Ontario now, and there will be no more coming into inventory (unless you happen on one in the Pacific flotsam). That might be part of their game, to get me to buy one of their remaining stock. But spring is always the worst time to buy a car (outgoing models are still at full price, new models will be here in a few months).

If this is true that inventory is limited, then I assume that it means Honda will be rolling out 2012's instead of resuming production of 2011 model year (I hope that's what it means, anyway).

Has anyone heard if there still is to be a CR-Z in a 2012 model, and if so, will there be any changes? The auto show threads were really all pre-tsunami, so any plans announced there might have gone out the window in the mean time.

Still wanting one to enjoy for summer (if we ever get a summer this year), and start saving fuel, but considering deferring for new stock.

Any info? Thanks

·
Registered
669 Posts
It's probably a little too early to start talking about 2012. Once things get back on track in Japan, Honda is expecting to be able to make up for the production lost in March and April. This means that dealers could see a pretty nice influx of vehicles in the latter part of the summer (assumes full production by June).

If Honda follows their typical product cycles the 2012 CR-Z will probably be the same car we have now. Of course, they could surprise us all by introducing an improved Si version with lithium-ion batteries and the 20 hp hybrid motor from the Civic. Still, Honda and Acura have a lot of product introductions to get out in the next two years so an upgrade to the CR-Z might have to wait. Planned all-new releases are a new CRV, sub TSX, MDX, RDX, RL, new Accord, TL, TSX (roughly in this order)

I mentioned this in your review thread but Acura is going to release a new model slotted below the current TSX. This will be available in both gas and hybrid trim with the possibility of a manual transmission.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
^ sounds like a fun car (the sub-tsx). Also they have plans for another new TSX? With this model being out since 09 i wouldn't think they are looking to change it until 2014. The 1st gen ran through 5 model years.

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, all. I've never owned a Honda (even in the 50+ car/light truck fleet I've managed for 20 years), so I really didn't know how Honda handles their annual roll-outs (if they generally tweak a model every year - especially a new one like the CR-Z - or if things stay pretty much the same until a major 5-10 year upgrade). In Canada, I'd be pleased to see our 2012 models merge with the US 2011 cars. Even more pleased if the prices here were to drop correspondingly, but that ain't gonna happen!

Cheers,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.