Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Thank you for your help. I've installed an external SiriusXM receiver (Onyx) in my car and play it through my stock non-navi radio by sending its FM-out to an internally wired FM Direct Adapter that goes into the radio antenna input (via an HAA2RB adapter) and the radio antenna is also wired to the FMDA (via an HAA2B adapter). Just noting that I basically followed the Honda installation guide for the SiriusXM antenna placement and wire path. Everything works great except I have not connected the blue wire signal-booster on the HAA2B for my AM/FM reception because I can't figure out what wire to splice it to, so my AM/FM reception is now poor.

• Previous threads about this are geared towards hooking this wire up to a harness for new head units.
  • They say to splice the blue wire on the HAA2B to the blue wire on the harness. The vehicle has 3 wire harnesses with 4 blue wires. Which one?
  • A youtube video showed that this didn't work and you have to splice it to the constant power wire (yellow I believe). Is this true?
In summary, can anyone specify which of the 3 harnesses/plugs holds the wire that I will be splicing into (I believe it's the large grey one) and can anyone specify which of those wire colors to splice into?

Thank you in advance and pictures are attached if that's helpful. Many thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,278 Posts
I would guess it needs power when radio is on and that it is the Positive for power for the antenna amplifier. How is it labeled in the directions?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Spdbump for your reply. The instructions say to splice it to the blue wire (antenna amplifier). However, there are 4 blue wires, 1 on the small grey harness, 1 on the white harness, and 2 on the large grey harness (as pictured). Which blue wire is the correct one?

A YouTube DIY demonstrated the reception boost using the yellow wire constant power. I might try that, but I don't want to experiment and fry something.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SOLVED - Connect the blue wire of the HAA2RB adapter to the blue wire of the HAA2B adapter. Antenna is amplified and AM/FM signal returned. I can't believe I overlooked the obviousness of this. We all have those days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts