Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my 'Z' this past Saturday. A black, EX, MT w/Navi system. I've had a chance to put a couple of hundred miles on it over the holiday weekend.

I came to the CRZ in a little different way than most. I drove one of the original Insights back about 10 years ago. I had a blast in that car and I've been looking for something like it since I had to trade it in several years back.

The Z is the car I was looking for. Good performance, lots of extras, and lots of looks from passers-by. It even got a double look by a biker on I-25 at 75 mph.

I took the car up I-70 from Denver to Evergreen Labor Day, and it more than held its own. It's a pretty steep grade up the hill, and I had no problem holding speed and passing lots of other cars.:thumbsup:

MPG has been a lot better than I expected. So far, I've gotten 53.5 MPG between Colorado Springs and Denver (on I-25) and between 42 and 44 around town.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm planning to replace the tires soon. Colorado weather is definitely too unpredictable for the stock tires, especially from now until mid-May. I had good tires on the Insight and no problem getting around in the snow. I expect better performance with the Z.

Like the other Z owner in Denver, I'm a techie kind of guy and a bit older, 61.

I'm looking forward to driving the Z and being on the forum.

Sparrow

· Registered
375 Posts
Congratz on your new CR-Z. :wavey:

Impressive MPG. I hope to obtain that consistent 40-50 MPG (average) and have fun doing it. :rolleyes:

Boy talk about money saving at those MPG not to mention help to safe the environment while having fun. :hi5: Not saying I am a tree hugger but I am aware of the environment.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all for the kind welcomes. I did replace the tires yesterday. Ended up getting some Pirelli all weather tires for the Z. They should give me much better performance when the weather turns in the next few weeks. I opted to get 205's rather than 195's (same height) to get more surface on the road. So, it will be interesting to see what affect these tires have on overall mileage and performance (if any). I have already noticed that cornering is a bit better. :thumbsup:

I am also enjoying the hands free link with my Droid X phone. People who I have talked to have commented on how clear the sound is. One person noted that it was hard to tell that we (my wife and I) were in the car rather than on extensions at our house.

Finally, the arm rest and XM accessories should be arriving at the dealership next week, and hopefully I should soon have them installed. I really miss my XM.

sparrow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.