Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need some advice because i can't figure it out alone :/
One of the things which really annoys me at the moment is a movement i can hardly discribe but will try my best. It got a bit worse since i lowered my Z with springs but was there before. Best way to feel it is when you put your head on the headrest the driver seat kind of vibrates but only to the back and forth and your head bounces in the same tact, i also notice it when my gf sits on the passenger seat her legs shake in the same way. I don't think it's from the engine because if i shift to neutral it still is feelable. Of course it depends on the road condition as well but always feelable. Winter tires and summer no difference.

What i replaced in last months:
.) Shock absorber front
.) end links left/right
.) rear brakes disc and pads
.) Eibach springs

What comes in my mind is engine mounts, front brakes or rear shock absorber? (~100.000km)

Do you notice the same on your Z stock/lowered? Am i too over sensible may be?

·
Super Moderator
4,840 Posts
I have no movement or vibration in any direction on a 2013 EX in the US 100% stock on new tires. Is it a left to right or forward back motion? Any odd movements First thing I would suggest is look at tires for unusual and uneven wear that will give you a clue as to what in the suspension maybe wrong. Also make sure all 4 tires are same tread pattern and set to the same pressure.

After you lowered it did you have it aligned to the Factory specifications ( as close as you can get with it being lowered)? Are you using wheel spacers? Do you have low profile tires?

Something you can try but it may not be related to the issue is to loosen all the lug nuts and tighten in a "star" pattern (Diagonal lug nuts)to proper torque using a torque wrench. If wheels were put back on and the lug nuts tightened going in a circle ( each one next to each other) that can make the wheels not be straight and the car would wander on the roads or cause a vibration.
If you say it has always had it then either it is a suspension problem or wheels /tires If it happens while car is rolling it is not brakes.

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
Does it happen while sitting at a stand-still, or just while the car's in motion? It could be engine mount(s) if it vibrates a little more at idle or at less than 1,500 RPM (in motion or at a stand-still,) whether in gear or in neutral. Is it a CVT or the 6-Speed?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
@litz thanks! I can only feel it at motion, but if i lift my foot of the throttle i also get a bit of jerking but different, it's not smooth but i didn't bought it new so don't know if normal? That's why i think of engine mounts. I drive the 6-speed manual.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Spdbump you have some good points thank you for your replie :)

I do use 20mm wheel spacers at the back maybe they are not as tight any more i will check this first because i did not check them when i changed to winter tires (those are stock 16")

The car was aligned @Honda 1 week after Install but with summer tires.

It's definitly a forward/back movement but it really depends on the surface i am driving on, today i did not notice it that much very strange. I bought the car 4 years ago and it's now 9 years old...

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Like @litz said.. I would say it might be the transmission or engine mount. Not sure if the CVT has the same 'dog bone' mount at the 6mt manual, but, I would guess that one in particular! Its like an $80 part and pretty easy to replace.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thinking about it I’m not sure it is possible in a CR-Z but to eliminate the engine or transmission normally on deserted road I’d stick a manual car in neutral and turn off the engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts