Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...my car is sad.
Driving home on a windy mountain road in the rain. Took a corner, there was a rock slide. A huge rock was deposited in the middle of the lane about 50' out. Shoulder is full of rocks, there's oncoming traffic, nowhere to go. I hit it straight on.
The front of the car lifts and comes right back down. Had to drive a few miles to be able to have a shoulder to pull over on.
I look underneath, and she's bleeding oil really bad. Towed back to Sacramento. :(

If there's any good news to be had, the little CR-Z held her own on the road after the hit.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Oh, man... that's horrible! Glad you were at least able to escape what could have been a far worse situation, from the sound of it. Hope that your CR-Z is back to good as new quickly, and it becomes a faint memory in no time.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
...my car is sad.
Driving home on a windy mountain road in the rain. Took a corner, there was a rock slide. A huge rock was deposited in the middle of the lane about 50' out. Shoulder is full of rocks, there's oncoming traffic, nowhere to go. I hit it straight on.
The front of the car lifts and comes right back down. Had to drive a few miles to be able to have a shoulder to pull over on.
I look underneath, and she's bleeding oil really bad. Towed back to Sacramento. :(

If there's any good news to be had, the little CR-Z held her own on the road after the hit.
Man!! I know it is painful to see the CR-Z in pain. But extremely happy to hear you are OK and the Z can be fixed.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I agree with all...glad you are okay. It could have been far worse from the situations you described. I hope you get your CR-Z fix soon.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. It could have been much worse. I'm sure she'll be alright. I'm gonna have a little chat with the dealership tomorrow, see if I can get the extent of the damage. I'm still surprised how, if I didn't get out and actually see the leak, I wouldn't have known it was so bad. Drivability was still perfect, no abnormal sounds, vibrations, smells, etc

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hopefully it's just a cracked oil pan. It was smart to get off the road quickly and inspect the damage before driving it on low oil.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So, the Z was looked at yesterday. I didn't hear anything, so I just called.
After the "we've been busy" song and dance, here's what I've been told:

Damage estimate:
* Bumper
* Oil pan
* Engine mounts
* Rear suspension... something
* Front subframe
* Front subframe bolts
* Various bushings
...and the list goes on to another page.

They says it's "well over a thousand dollars just by the look of it" and they're waiting for the State Farm guy to come out and work that magic.
Also they don't have a body shop on site, so I guess I'll be looking elsewhere for the bumper damage.

Crap, crap, crap.

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
So, the Z was looked at yesterday. I didn't hear anything, so I just called.
After the "we've been busy" song and dance, here's what I've been told:

Damage estimate:
* Bumper
* Oil pan
* Engine mounts
* Rear suspension... something
* Front subframe
* Front subframe bolts
* Various bushings
...and the list goes on to another page.

They says it's "well over a thousand dollars just by the look of it" and they're waiting for the State Farm guy to come out and work that magic.
Also they don't have a body shop on site, so I guess I'll be looking elsewhere for the bumper damage.

Crap, crap, crap.
OUCH that really stings! They also wont know the full extent until they start tearing it apart either.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update: Honda says "We're looking more at $3600 and climbing"

Yay for insurance, I guess. They're saying the rockslide is collision, opposed to comprehensive... so, that sucks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Called State Farm after they got photos of the damage. First lady still wanted to make it Collision, take my $1000, and raise my rates. I appealed it, and talked to who i believe was her supervisor.
This guy was hella symphetic. Saying stuff like "This isn't a CR-V" (they didn't ever listen to "Z as in Zebra."). And "This that new CRX style car? Looks sweet! How do you like it? Is it a hybrid?? Oh man I'm thinking of getting one of these"

Had a chat, then got down to business. Said "are you *absolutely. sure.* the rockslide wasn't moving when you encountered it?"
It was obviously an out, so I took it. Said nope, it was coming right at me. Hahaha
So he says "Welp, nothing you could do. I'll make this comprehensive. You'll pay $250 and your rates won't change. Enjoy your new car."

Boom. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.