Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just own a cvt CRZ last friday. Found out whenever I stop my car, it will auto kick in to auto off engine mode. It's a good funtion to save some gas; however when I try to step in quick on gas , the engine seems not fast enough to pick up my action and kick in not smooth at all...is anyone having the same issue ?

· CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,161 Posts
With Auto Stop, the engine on the CVT starts when you take your foot off the brake - maybe adjust your technique to wait a fraction of a second longer before pressing the gas - give it a chance to fire up before moving off? (speaking as someone who has only owned one for one day less than you, that is).

If it really annoys you, turn the climate control on low, and it seems to disable Auto Stop.

· Registered
239 Posts
I actually ran into some trouble today for the first time. I would come off the break and put it into first (MT), and the car wouldn't start. Both times a warning message came up that I needed to fully press down on the brakes to get it to start again. I hope there isn't some actuator that is wearing out in the shifting area.

· Registered
1,090 Posts
I actually ran into some trouble today for the first time. I would come off the break and put it into first (MT), and the car wouldn't start. Both times a warning message came up that I needed to fully press down on the brakes to get it to start again. I hope there isn't some actuator that is wearing out in the shifting area.
Ive had similar issue, where instead depress brake it told me to depress clutch which I had no idea why...it was right after putting it into first and went to give it gas and engine was still off...I just figured it autostopped with the clutch engaged and I never de-engage it after putting it in neutral...I really wasnt paying attn to it so cant say if that happened fully or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.