Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi CR-Z Forum Members and Guests.

Amp'd Emblems LLC is now a Supporting Vendor of CR-ZForums.com! For those of you not familiar with Amp'd Emblems®, illuminated car emblems, please visit our website Home Page. Please take the time to read our website and especially the testimonials and photo gallery pages.

We are happy to announce that Amp'd Emblems® are now available for your CR-Z! Our current product line includes the rear emblem for your CR-Z. The front emblem is coming soon.

We will post here, on our facebook page Amp'd Emblems TM | Facebook, and on our website, all product line additions and other significant news and photos.

We are excited to announce that we will give away one (1) Amp'd CR-Z emblem FREE to a CR-Z forum member that posts some good comments why they should have one, and agrees to post some pictures of the installed product. This giveaway will begin 1/10/11 and end when we feel we have a good candidate. Good luck!

Thanks for reading CR-Z owners!

Sincerely,

Ampd

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Niceee.. would love to see some type-R (red H) emblem to!
Thanks YLA!

When you say the type-R, you mean the solid emblems with the red H? If so, our design currently doesn't work for that model and with our Patent. If you are looking for the stock CR-Z emblem illuminated in red or Extreme red....we can hook you up!

Thanks for the post,

Ampd

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
that's great. I'm looking to buy a Extreme Red Rear emblem to act as my 3rd brake light.

how different is the brightness from regular red and Extreme red. do you have pics or vids to show comparison?

and what is shipping like to Canada :p

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's great. I'm looking to buy a Extreme Red Rear emblem to act as my 3rd brake light.

how different is the brightness from regular red and Extreme red. do you have pics or vids to show comparison?

and what is shipping like to Canada :p
Thanks Ludercrz (cool name),

The extreme Red are probably what I would use if you really want it more than just subtle. Especially if it's just the 3rd brake light, which will be competing with the regular brake lights. We have some pics on the website of the Extremes but not a video. Need to get on that. The blue in extreme on the Acura TL with the notes on the license plate, the white on the honda with the Amp'd Emblems logo, the red Scion, the last white Acura TL. I have the Extreme blue on the rear of my blue TL. Not everyone takes and send pics back unfortunately.

If you want another example of brightness, PM me an email address and I will try to send you some more pics. There is one with a great comparison, side by side, of a white Acura vs a Extreme white Acura.

Shipping to Canada is 13.75.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Ampd

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
no need for more pics. i liked the brightness of the red Scion emblem and was hoping it wasn't more than that lol. so good to hear that's as birght as it gets.

I will be putting an order in shortly, and i'll def. post some pics in here for you guys when I get it installed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You said Canada. So far we have Ontario and Alberta. If you are from a different Province, you will get $10.00 off. Let me know.

Ampd

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah bummer. Tell you what...since you are the first on the site to order, I will give you $10.00 off! Give me a min or two to upload the coupon.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Miltos,

No drilling required for the rear. Our unique design utilizes the existing holes. We are trying to work on the front to limit the drilling or eliminate it all together. Stay tuned!

Thanks,
Ampd

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks super cool!

Will there be a guide for the wiring? I want to be sure i will not mess the car. :blush:
Hey Miltos,

We provide general instructions that discuss emblem removal and installation. Wiring is simple in that we have black/red wires. You hook up to either the parking light wires, license plate light wires, or third brake light wires. We provide connectors to hook up to the wiring. Simple black to negative and red to positive.

The only thing we don't provide is exact methods of getting to the power source of your choice. Trunk lids are usually very simple access. A hatchback like the CR-Z or the Element, probably require some panels to be removed to access the third brake light wiring or to run the wires to the hinge point, and then aft toward the lights.

As you know, there is a wealth of model specific data online and a mechanic is always another option for that extra knowledge if you need it.

Hope that helps. Also, I see you live in Greece? Currently we ship to only Canada and the USA. Will that work for you somehow?

Ampd

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi guys,

One of our members' CR-Z Amp'd Emblem® is close to completion and will be shipped soon. Hopefully we will get back some pics to post here! Maybe some DIY tips. Keep posted.

Thanks,

Ampd

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Canadian Customs

Hi Guys,

One of our Canadian customers should be getting their Extreme red Amp'd Emblem® soon. Sounds like Canadian Customs is the slowdown. Until the pictures arrive, I wanted to share with you all, the lastest edition to the wall of Amp'd States, DE.

Extreme blue on a 2010 white Accord Coupe.​

·
Capt'n Jack
9,414 Posts
Might be something I'd be interested in. Subtle, but looks pretty good IMO...

1 - 20 of 72 Posts