Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who's bought one, what exactly is this "Ambient Console Lighting" available on US EX CR-Zs? This isn't the same as the Blue footwell lighting available in other markets is it?
Also, on an unrelated note, does the CR-Z track lifetime fuel economy or only on Trips A/B?

·
Registered
232 Posts
My EX seems to have four points of blue ambient light. One is in the center console below the nav unit and above the cupholders. Another two are in the driver and passenger footwells. The fourth is up by the dome lights/Bluetooth mic.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
My EX seems to have four points of blue ambient light. One is in the center console below the nav unit and above the cupholders. Another two are in the driver and passenger footwells. The fourth is up by the dome lights/Bluetooth mic.
So its the same as on a CR-Z GT in europe, check the tutorial for making it brighter!

·
Registered
579 Posts
wait... so the CR-Z in the US gets the little blue foot lights??

bass, please post a picture of this to confirm for the doubters (like me :eek:hsnap: )
Yes. Its not too bright, but nice enough to make you smile.

One between the dome lights that shines down onto the shifter. Its like a little dot in the ceiling, but puts out nice ambient blue light. Same thing for cup holders up front and then where the foot pedals are. I did not know this was a feature, even when i picked the car up. But driving the first time at night. I noticed it. It' was a very cool surprise.

The light source is very well hidden. It's like it comes out of nowhere. The footwell light comes from like up inside the well. So you see just the faint ambient light on your pedals and feet.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'll try and get some pics tonight, though I'm not sure how well they'll come out as the only camera I have with me is my iphone 4.

The lights indeed appear to be exactly as described in the DIY thread mentioned by YLA.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.