Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
492 Posts
Bride seats are top notch! You won't be disappointed for sure -- but like SpoonCRz has mentioned, would be advised to check with the SRS system before you take the plunge. Let me know as I can help with the rail/seat choice as a few guys here in the office are running Bride seats!

- Jason

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
The airbags are placed in the dash and sides of the interior though, aren't they? So that should only leave the pressure sensor in the seat. At least replacing the drivers seat shouldn't be a problem?

·
Registered
349 Posts
The airbags are placed in the dash and sides of the interior though, aren't they? So that should only leave the pressure sensor in the seat. At least replacing the drivers seat shouldn't be a problem?

I believe the side airbags is built into the seats. I think ur thinking side curtains which is built inside the car.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just got confirmed that the side airbags are placed in the seats. Wonder if that will mean I can't redo them in leather :s
I also check the car out at the dealers and the side airbags is in fact built into the seats.

I'm sure if you wrapped the seats and god forbid you do get into a side impact and the bag does not deploy in a correct manner, you get into a seriuos injury, and you really can't blame honda or the manufacture of the seats. I would suggest passing on that idea for your safety.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Side Air Bags

Hello all,
To answer a few question for everyone in this thread. First, reupholstering you seats is no problem, and will not effect you SRS system at all. Either have an upholstery shop custom make your leather seats (this is more expensive) or order a leather kit from a company like Katzkin Leather Interiors | The World Leader in Automotive Leather just checked and they have the CR-Z listed but no year so this should mean they are patterning this car now and will soon be available.

Second, If you remove the seats completely to install racing seats there is two things you need to do to keep they warning lights in the dash from coming on. First the seating position and weight sensor/sensors in the passenger seat must stay plugged into the system. This can be achieved by removing the sensors from the factory seat and moving to the aftermarket seat. As for the airbags in the seat, all airbags provide a resistance across the wire to the SRS module. When unplugged this resistance can be measured and a resistor can be put in place of the airbag to make the module think the airbag is still there. Therefore no annoy light on the dash and better yet this will allow the rest of your airbags to function normally, unlike just unplugging them. (If you you have SRS warning light on in your dash, it is most likely that none of your airbags will function, this varies from vehicle to vehicle.)

This not a DIY topic and I assume no responsibility. I highly recommend having this kind of work done in a professional shop. I just wanted to let everyone know this is possible to do.

Happy Modding!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hello all,
To answer a few question for everyone in this thread. First, reupholstering you seats is no problem, and will not effect you SRS system at all. Either have an upholstery shop custom make your leather seats (this is more expensive) or order a leather kit from a company like Katzkin Leather Interiors | The World Leader in Automotive Leather just checked and they have the CR-Z listed but no year so this should mean they are patterning this car now and will soon be available.

Second, If you remove the seats completely to install racing seats there is two things you need to do to keep they warning lights in the dash from coming on. First the seating position and weight sensor/sensors in the passenger seat must stay plugged into the system. This can be achieved by removing the sensors from the factory seat and moving to the aftermarket seat. As for the airbags in the seat, all airbags provide a resistance across the wire to the SRS module. When unplugged this resistance can be measured and a resistor can be put in place of the airbag to make the module think the airbag is still there. Therefore no annoy light on the dash and better yet this will allow the rest of your airbags to function normally, unlike just unplugging them. (If you you have SRS warning light on in your dash, it is most likely that none of your airbags will function, this varies from vehicle to vehicle.)

This not a DIY topic and I assume no responsibility. I highly recommend having this kind of work done in a professional shop. I just wanted to let everyone know this is possible to do.

Happy Modding!
Verry well said. This is the proper way to install seats. Leaving random shit unpluged is not a finished job; an if your install has lights flashing on the dash, you did it wrong and aren't finished. Have fun getting inspected in 2 years. And as mentioned. Your SRS won't work right.

I really like the 'eco' seats they have at Katskinz.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.