Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yes. ;)

Too bad we didn't get an electric a/c and pump. We could have done away with the accessory belt entirely.

·
Registered
618 Posts
So have you encountered it? I wonder if it's another difference between the cars.

I've started up as low as -10C frequently and haven't heard a traditional starter.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Wiki: "In its first generation, IMA could not power the car on electricity alone..."
This is also true for the CR-Z. Should be updated, since this is no longer depending on the IMA generation.
Aye, tis true.
Just pointing to the OP original question..

Wiki Quote: They also have a conventional starter as a backup, making it the only production hybrid system which can operate with its high voltage electric system disabled. Unqoute.

But with that said, I have never come accross a situation to include my previous 07 Civic Hybrid that the IMA did not start the car. Lowest temp I have encountered is several nights of single digits, so I might not be pushing the envelope.

·
Registered
281 Posts
So have you encountered it? I wonder if it's another difference between the cars.

I've started up as low as -10C frequently and haven't heard a traditional starter.
No, I haven't ever noticed it start differently, however it doesn't give any clue as to what they mean by "cold".
I was only implying a difference between the manuals, not the cars - they're all the same from this point of view.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.