Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Aloha from Hawaii

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Scotty001 
Congrats. Lived on Oahu for 10 years until moving up to the Seattle area in 06. Have a few of of those "what was I thinking moments" :iough:

I miss driving the Harley around the coast in shorts/flipflops/tank top. Rain kinda hurt going up H3, but once on the other side, taking a left driving around and taking H2 to H1 made for a nice ride. Driving down to Waikiki and parking at night, outstanding. Wife and I miss it.

Have fun. Enjoy.

Scott

I live on Oahu. Born and raised in Kaneohe but since getting married have moved deep into Manoa Valley. Rain rain rain. Probably not as bad as Seattle though huh Scott?

I will be purchasing from Honda Windward as well. My old neighbor is one of the Senior Sales Consultants over there. I got friends in Pukalani area on Maui.

-Marcus
Key to the rain equation is I think Warm, Warm Rain verses Cold, Cold rain. :cry: Yes, know where Windward Honda is. CR-Z will be perfect on Oahu. Easy to get around, zoom in and out of traffic (safely of course) and park. For all you who never lived there, I think they shrink parking lot spaces to where every space is compact - realestate being a premium there. :rolleyes:

Feed us some pics of going down the north side of the H3 tunnel, Kaawa, Hauula, and maybe stopping by Kahuku getting some live Shrimp.. :hi5: Use to have a backpack on the Harley and stop by Kahuku, grab a pound or two of live shrimp, add ice to keep em alive and end the day with a BBQ. Lived in Pearl Harbor up by Tripler (Ala Puumalu)

Haven't been out North Shore for a while. Last time was probably 3 months ago.. Maybe more. But I did stop at Giovanni's for a Garlic Shrimp Plate. As soon as I get the Zed and mods on it I will be sure to hit up the forums with some breathtaking shots of the Z with paradise as the background.

On another note... you will hate me... I actually know the family that owns most of the shrimp/crayfish farms out there. Definitely plan on taking more cruises out that side once the Z and its mileage are in my grasps.
Nope that is cool, originally from Lousiana and always found Oahu shrimp pretty good and always liked getting it live/fresh. A memory that will stay with me. Thanks to the family that owns it. I'm middle aged but available for adoption aka a fan.

I still work for the Navy as a Civilian (Cyber warfare/defense stuff) and have a detachment I have to visit twice a year on Ford Island, Subase, Westlock and out in Campbell industrial park (fenced building next to Germaines). Maybe we'll see ya in your Z next trip.

Yea, you will have some of the best pics here. Can't wait. Zed in the forground and scenery in the back.

R/Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.