Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some have reported that their all-weather mats were peeling or shredding. Mine had less than 900 miles on them and were showing the same problem. Since I got them through the dealership when I bought the car, I brought them back to the dealer for a look. Below is a pic of what my driver's side mat looked like.

Just to the left of center of the pic you can see the peeling/shredding and pitting of the mat where my left foot usually rests (I have a 6MT). Just above it in the pic is where my right foot rests and that doesn't look too good either. BTW, all that white film is just from salting of the streets near due to the snow last week in the Philly area.

After the dealership confirmed that I had not treated them with any chemicals, they agreed that this wasn't right. Although they said they wouldn't be replacing them every 1k miles, they went ahead and gave me a new set. I just hope that the problem was due to a bad batch of rubber or vinyl and that this new set holds up better. Otherwise, I will be returning them and getting a refund. At least for now, I have a new set. :headbang:

Just thought I'd share my experience in case some of you are thinking of what the dealerships may do with this problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
I actually have seen the same pattern on my mats and I've owned the car since September. Haven't mentioned it to the dealer yet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dealership mats always suck and they want a fortune for them. It's a conspiracy to get you to buy new mats every few months or in a year. I just buy a decent set from a store with deep grooves and put them in my cars.

Glad your dealer gave you a new set. Hopefully they last a little longer.

·
Registered
886 Posts
mine wore through under my clutch foot after a couple of weeks. There's a top rubber layer that comes off, and solid plastic under that.
Mine hasn't gotten any worse since the area under my left foot peeled up months ago.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have them in my 6MT, no peeling to report after 800 miles. The mats I have seem to be made of only a sturdier plastic, and they do not seem to have a layer of rubber on them. They do not provide much traction, but I got them more for durability since my foot has worn down thru the carpet in the last two MT cars I've owned.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Well, the layer is barely rubber.. I wouldn't have noticed it if it didn't peel up. But, when it was up I could tell it was slightly rubbery.
But, now I'm curious if dealers can get different brand mats. My acura all weather mats look about the same (cleary the exact same design as far as the little round indents and the lip around the edge, etc), but are a less flexible, denser material.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Had mine for about 5000 miles and I don't notice any unusual wear but have not inspected them to see. Maybe it's a combo of the salt and the heal digging the salt deeper then them getting wet to activate the salt.

·
Registered
886 Posts
as far as under the clutch, the shoes we wear probably makes a difference. I'm usually wearing hard soled dress shoes, or some tennis shoes, which are actually skate shoes that have some ultra grippy rubber soles. I can see both examples being bad for the mat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.