Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So apparently, for a 2011 Honda Cr-z, I have to pay a extra $100 for fuel fee to renew my tag.. and everywhere i've read, it says only have to do so if it is a hybrid plug in car. Cr-z's are not, so i called my revenue office and they said i still have to pay it... anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

Sure looks like you shouldn't be getting charged. I can't seem to find the actual text of the law though...

·
Premium Member
5,841 Posts
My State, god love 'em, are going to start charging an extra $100-$200 on top of your yearly registration fee for all Hybrid and plug in electric vehicles (starting this year.) Yeah, I guess it's payback for the tax credit I got in 2002, when I bought my Insight, but I've got two CR-Z's to register again this year in Ohio, so bend over, please.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
You're getting hit with the fee because the CR-Z is considered a "battery-electric" hybrid. Many other states are doing this as well, Wisconsin started charging their fee last year. In theory, it's because hybrid owners don't pay as much fuel tax. Supposedly because we don't buy as much fuel as non-hybrid owners. If this was really the reason though, the fees would be based on actual miles driven and fuel used annually, not what type of vehicle it is.

·
Premium Member
5,841 Posts
The real question: Is lube included, or will that be an additional service fee? Please write me back at: [email protected]
No lube included by the State, although it may be provided through full coverage insurance, but limited to only one dose per household. Multiple registrations may incur excess friction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts