Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around for some seats to replace the stock ones. Being taller then avarage I find that the stock seats don't support my legs as much as I would like. I also would like a seat with better side support, since I will be driving Autoslalom this season.

I have absolutely no clue when it comes to aftermarket seats, so any suggestions or thoughts are welcome. I am 195cm (about 6'4)tall and weigh 100kg, so it doesn't have to be a wide seat for me to fit, but I guess an extendable seat cushion would be nice? Maybe a deeper seat so I get a more relaxed sitting postition?

I also use the car as a daily driver though, so no hardcore seats for me. I need something that gives good support for autoslalom and is still comfortable for long trips. The stock seats are also a bit too hard to sit on for longer trips imo.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've been looking around for some seats to replace the stock ones. Being taller then avarage I find that the stock seats don't support my legs as much as I would like. I also would like a seat with better side support, since I will be driving Autoslalom this season.

I have absolutely no clue when it comes to aftermarket seats, so any suggestions or thoughts are welcome. I am 195cm (about 6'4)tall and weigh 100kg, so it doesn't have to be a wide seat for me to fit, but I guess an extendable seat cushion would be nice? Maybe a deeper seat so I get a more relaxed sitting postition?

I also use the car as a daily driver though, so no hardcore seats for me. I need something that gives good support for autoslalom and is still comfortable for long trips. The stock seats are also a bit too hard to sit on for longer trips imo.
I'm thinking at 6'4" you may need sun roof also:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking at 6'4" you may need sun roof also:thumbsup:
Lol, maybe take the roof off altogether :p I think my math skills got that converted correctly at least. I am not that familiar with non-metric measures.

On a serious note though, I actually sit better in the CR-Z then in my CL9 Accord, or Acura TSX as they are known over the pond. Getting a deeper and possibly a lower seat would be more relaxing for longer trips though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Im 6'7'' I know the feeling.

seriously though, does anybody have some suggestions for a deeper seat, i dont mind paying extra
I fit in the stock ones but when I switched from my impreza wagon to the crz i test drove it was quite snug

·
Registered
373 Posts
Try looking into Bride Low max. By the way does anyone know if adding an aftermarket seat will it disable the airbag system?

I come from a TSX and if I wanted aftermarket seats I would have to sacrifice the airbag system.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know a popular mod for 5th gen prelude owners is to swap in s2000 seats which are nicer and more race inspired.maybe you could do the same for the CR-Z.I know it takes a little custom work to fit the s2k seat onto the prelude seat rails though.Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know the S2000 seats are comfy, so that might be an idea. Would be nice to find a seat that you can get rails for to bolt right in though.

I'm guessing Honda have some way of disabling the air bag warning since they have Recaro seats as an option on the Asian market.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Kind of funny you guys say that, I have an S2000 and I hate the seats...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.