Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this adapter as I was annoyed that I had to have my phone plugged in to get my CarPlay to work in my CR-Z. Although my CR-Z is Aftermarket Radio, it is also possible to upgrade the wireless carplay, which I did not expect.Ever since getting this I’ve had absolutely zero problems, and it has truly improved my entire car audio experience. Sounds great, works great, and is a decent price for what it brings.
Communication Device Font Gadget Material property Display device

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
858 Posts
Hm, wonder how well it'd work with A.A. I've heard that the cheapy chinese units you get from eBay or AliExpress are super unreliable (and not that cheap either). Motorola released one, but it sold out almost immediately.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
858 Posts
It's amazing what a good radio can do in these cars. Tempted to get the Seicane/Teyes radio as it transforms the car and makes it look like a brand new interior.
I'd go for it. I have one, it looks and sounds amazing, and it's basically an android tablet too, so I can play videos on it too. 99% of the time I'm using Android Auto.

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z EX
70 Posts
I've heard that the cheapy chinese units you get from eBay or AliExpress are super unreliable (and not that cheap either).
Tempted to get the Seicane/Teyes radio as it transforms the car and makes it look like a brand new interior.
I'd go for it. I have one, it looks and sounds amazing, and it's basically an android tablet too, so I can play videos on it too. 99% of the time I'm using Android Auto.
Guys, please be cautious before investing your money and time with Seicane (see my post below).
While your actual experience may vary from mine, this isn't something you can just box up and return to China without there being a significant cost (and this doesn't include your time and frustration).
I now have a Sony stereo with wired CarPlay and it is leaps and bounds better than the Seicane head unit I purchased. The screen is smaller than the Seicane, but it's really not an issue.

• Helpful
Reactions: Spdbump

·
Premium Member
'14 Energetic Yellow 6MT Panoroof Parking Sensors
128 Posts
Thanks for your input man. Seen nothing but good things about these besides the slight bit of wiring needed to install (which is now detailed in the UK CR-Z group on Facebook) and the slight cutting of the plastic trim piece they give you.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I purchased this adapter as I was annoyed that I had to have my phone plugged in to get my CarPlay to work in my CR-Z. Although my CR-Z is Aftermarket Radio, it is also possible to upgrade the wireless carplay, which I did not expect.Ever since getting this I’ve had absolutely zero problems, and it has truly improved my entire car audio experience. Sounds great, works great, and is a decent price for what it brings.
View attachment 68955
What head unit is that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts