Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CRZ EX
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive searched a bit on here but couldn't find a definite answer for my question. Question: Will the Metra dash kit fit into the 2011 Nav dashboard? Id really like to replace the stock Nav radio with something better but im not tech savy when it comes to radio wires. If I buy the Metra dash kit along with the wiring, would it be plug and play? Or would I have to modify the wires/dash to make it work? Id like to keep my steering wheel volume control as well but if I can't thats find, I dont want to have to do a crazy amount of work just for me to have bluetooth but if its relatively easy im willing to do the work. Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
50 Posts
Dashboard is the same in all models, so it will fit. However, hazard lights switch and passenger airbag info panel might be different and it might not fit. There are 2 versions of passenger airbag panel and a lot of different hazard lights switches.
1587378508742.png 1587378540507.png 1587378563023.png 1587378583239.png

I had this problem, when I bought aftermarket radio/navi from china, it came with pretty nice frame but my switches did not fit.
I had switch similar to this one in my car:
1587378508742.png

And airbag panel with mouinting arms on the right and on the bottom instead of left + right like on one of the photos.

It was possible to fit them with some additional cutting and custom brackets. The hazard lights switch rests deeper than it should, because it required some space on top and bottom that wasn't available in this bracket. I had to also cut the bottom mounting arm from from the airbag panel and sand top part and glue it with 2 sided tape because it didn't fit otherwise.
1587378841031.png

I can't tell you for sure, which version of the car uses which switches, my version is EUDM and the OEM radio looked like this from behind:
1587379183736.png 1587379199190.png 1587379214069.png 1587379227278.png

I think that USDM uses correct switches (at least correct for chinese frames), JDM uses switches that looks like UEDM but with mounting brackets like in USDM but turned upside down. There are also differences in UK and AU, but I don't know anything about it.

So in short, yes - it will fit, however you might or might not need to buy or modify OEM switches.

·
Registered
2011 CRZ EX
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dashboard is the same in all models, so it will fit. However, hazard lights switch and passenger airbag info panel might be different and it might not fit. There are 2 versions of passenger airbag panel and a lot of different hazard lights switches.
View attachment 61115 View attachment 61116 View attachment 61117 View attachment 61118

I had this problem, when I bought aftermarket radio/navi from china, it came with pretty nice frame but my switches did not fit.
I had switch similar to this one in my car:
View attachment 61115

And airbag panel with mouinting arms on the right and on the bottom instead of left + right like on one of the photos.

It was possible to fit them with some additional cutting and custom brackets. The hazard lights switch rests deeper than it should, because it required some space on top and bottom that wasn't available in this bracket. I had to also cut the bottom mounting arm from from the airbag panel and sand top part and glue it with 2 sided tape because it didn't fit otherwise.
View attachment 61119

I can't tell you for sure, which version of the car uses which switches, my version is EUDM and the OEM radio looked like this from behind:
View attachment 61120 View attachment 61121 View attachment 61122 View attachment 61123

I think that USDM uses correct switches (at least correct for chinese frames), JDM uses switches that looks like UEDM but with mounting brackets like in USDM but turned upside down. There are also differences in UK and AU, but I don't know anything about it.

So in short, yes - it will fit, however you might or might not need to buy or modify OEM switches.
I appreciate the info! Definetly comes in handy. My bad for the late reply lol

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
110 Posts
I have a 2014 USDM crz, and the Metera fits OK.

The hazard switch fit the Metera bracket just fine, but when installed, the switch would not work (hit something and couldn't be depressed). I just filed down the lip below the top storage compartment that was hitting the switch. I had to file very little

The second is optional, and is filing the back of the Metera bracket. A double din radio will fit, but will be recessed deeply. I ground down the lip of the bracket to get a more flush install

1 - 4 of 4 Posts