Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i guess buying a car that hasn't been made before can be a little annoying to us that want to mod it first thing...

i see springs out there, but i'm looking for a drop up front of 1.3/1.5 with a rear drop of 1.0/1.2 not looking for coilovers..be nice to have set of teins and koni yellow shocks...that fit the crz.

i'm wondering what the widest tire i can put on? 17x8?

i just want a nice drop and a set of nice looking wheels that are wider...

·
Registered
886 Posts
Can I hijack this a little, and also ask, does modding the car void the warranty?
I'd sooo love to have a small super/turbo to get it up to 175-200 horsies. But, once I thought about it logically, that wouldn't be worth voiding my warranty.. for a while, at least...

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Can I hijack this a little, and also ask, does modding the car void the warranty?
I'd sooo love to have a small super/turbo to get it up to 175-200 horsies. But, once I thought about it logically, that wouldn't be worth voiding my warranty.. for a while, at least...
modding in general doesnt void warranties. damage caused by mods does. If you turbo your car and then your TPMS fails, it should be covered under the warranty. If you blow your motor up then youre SOL. The dealer usually has to have evidence that the mod you did caused the failure to deny a warranty claim.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
modding in general doesnt void warranties. damage caused by mods does. If you turbo your car and then your TPMS fails, it should be covered under the warranty. If you blow your motor up then youre SOL. The dealer usually has to have evidence that the mod you did caused the failure to deny a warranty claim.
:yeahthat: and if dealership EVER give you a hard time REMEMBER these words "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act" they will know what it means and think twice about whether or not they should fix it or let u leave upset...

here's an idea of what it says:
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

The relevant legislation here, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty - Federal Trade Commission Improvement Act of 1975, protects consumers from being wrongfully denied warranty coverage by new car dealers.

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act states, in part, in Title 15, United States Code, Section 2302, subdivision (c):
No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer's using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name; except that the prohibition of this subsection may be waived by the [Federal Trade] Commission if —

Read more: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/keeping-your-mods-warranty-intact.html#ixzz12CibM437

·
Registered
239 Posts
Or the dealership can play your game, and wait for you to hire a lawyer and go to court. Even if you have the ability to win it all back after the trial, you have to have the collateral to pay the lawyer up front for the services provided in most cases. On top of that you will have to pay to have your car fixed in the mean time, as the trial will surely be pushed out for a long period of time and your car will be black listed in the honda database.

If you don't want to lose your warranty don't change anything that would raise eyebrows of a service manager.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i'm wondering what the widest tire i can put on? 17x8?

i just want a nice drop and a set of nice looking wheels that are wider...
Depending the offset of the wheels, you can run 225 tires. 205/215 are more conservative.

I am running 17*8.5 with 225 and there's no issue.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Well, nothing ever breaks on a Honda. YOU breaking stuff with your mods however ;)

I must admit I am a bit scared of modding the car too much myself. I figure I will probably get the Mugen intake kit, if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and some coilovers eventually. I really would like to toy with some forced induction at some point, but that may screw me out of the warranty down the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.