Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had money I planned to use for rims, tires, Mugen kit, exhaust and intake......

And then I dropped my camera with my super telephoto lens off a small cliff (stupid strap clip broke). So I went today and replaced both, and now my car money is completely drained.....

Oh well, stuff will have to wait till after summer is over.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had it on the Camera, yes, but I evidently forgot to add the lens. The lens is about 3 times the price of the camera, unfortunately.

They printed me my inclusions list, and I only had 14 lenses on there, and I currently have 22, sooo, i had to edit my policy.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wildlife Photography is a hobby/passion of mine. It isn't something you can really do with a point a shoot :)

I also help a good friend who is a professional photographer at larger weddings, and other gatherings, when he needs more then 2 photographers.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just wondering, exactly what camera and lens did you drop down the cliff?
The camera i used was a 5d mark 2 by Canon, its basically their bottom of the line professional camera.
The lens was anEF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM by Canon. It's a super telephoto I use up in the mountains.

I did get a new strap, and i wont make the mistake of using that resting on rock with a strap again. I wont be lazy next time and ill break out the tripod, as I should have anyways. i was afraid I would miss the picture I was after had I taken the time to tripod it though.

·
Registered
664 Posts
EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM by Canon. It's a super telephoto I use up in the mountains.

I did get a new strap, and i wont make the mistake of using that resting on rock with a strap again. I wont be lazy next time and ill break out the tripod, as I should have anyways. i was afraid I would miss the picture I was after had I taken the time to tripod it though.
:eek2:

holy crap!! please don't tell me the camera you dropped was a 5dmk2 :cry:

*holy ninja edit batman. i posted before you finished editing

are you a member on POTN?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

LOL yeah, was just editing my post to include that info.

Indeed it was. Luckily, even with the shortage, I was able to find one in my local camera shop. They had 3 on wait list, and happen to get one extra body only. So I as able to snatch that up. They are really really hard to find after the tsunami in Japan.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

*holy ninja edit batman. i posted before you finished editing

are you a member on POTN?
I look over those forums some. But no, I have never posted or am I active at all.

I started shooting 35mm in college, and got out of it for a very long time. it was only a few years ago that I picked up a digital SLR and rediscovered my love for photography. Seriously, I would love to do it full time as a profession. But think my wife would kill me after spending so much money on college and the fact I would have to leave an amazing company in order to really do it as a profession.

·
Registered
664 Posts
LOL yeah, was just editing my post to include that info.

Indeed it was. Luckily, even with the shortage, I was able to find one in my local camera shop. They had 3 on wait list, and happen to get one extra body only. So I as able to snatch that up. They are really really hard to find after the tsunami in Japan.
I look over those forums some. But no, I have never posted or am I active at all.

I started shooting 35mm in college, and got out of it for a very long time. it was only a few years ago that I picked up a digital SLR and rediscovered my love for photography. Seriously, I would love to do it full time as a profession. But think my wife would kill me after spending so much money on college and the fact I would have to leave an amazing company in order to really do it as a profession.
wow that is crazy. at least the camera body was covered by your homeowners insurance.. really sucks about the lens though :(

i shoot with a 30D right now and would love to upgrade to even the 5dmk1. i could care less if i dropped the 30D down a cliff. if i ever dropped the 5dmk2 down one, i think i'd follow the fate of the camera and follow it down the cliff.

sucks about not having any more mod money, but glad you were able to find a replacement so quick

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah. We are close to finishing a "unnamed project" at work, and Google usually gives us a decent project bonus when we finishing something. So I am hoping that the bonus will cover wheels and tires and maybe springs. The other stuff I can wait on.

The 30d is a nice camera. My first was a 10d, and I bought it used. I really liked the camera, but eventually the hobby got a point were I really wanted a full frame camera, and a camera that would mount ef-s lenses. Thus, the 5d mark 2.

·
Registered
664 Posts
yea i actually started with a 10D, as well. then went to the 20D then finally the 30D. havent had much time to shoot the past few years, hence why i havent upgraded my body. i've also sold my lenses and just shoot with the kit lens (18-55) and invested my money on lighting instead. i wish i had the luxury of shooting full frame with some model shoots, but i guess that'll have to wait.

do you have a flickr or website i can view your photos on?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.