Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
All depends on the wheel gap. Latest photos seem like the car is low enough. Already has a nice aggressive stance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
adjustable coil overs are the best

I imagine it will have struts like the Prius so cutting a coil out with a saw would work on that

Or if you want the Puerto Rican bouncy car you could cut the coil with a blowtorch :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would keep mine stock height. It's such a hassle to raise and lower it every winter here if I drive it year round. I don't like grading the snow on the roads in the winter with my front bumper.

·
Registered
25 Posts
depends on the wheel/tires size i'm thinking just enough to get just enough tuck all the way around will be very clean

·
Registered
133 Posts
I agree with BlueTwo and ArchRival; If you want it to ride smooth and handle, keep it stock.. You wanna look cool; drop it 1 to 2 inches. What's important to you?

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Lowering is a bad idea. Sorry if you disagree but that's my opinion, after lowering a Civic and a WRX.
I agree with BlueTwo and ArchRival; If you want it to ride smooth and handle, keep it stock.. You wanna look cool; drop it 1 to 2 inches. What's important to you?
That's BS... Lowering a car isn't just for looks, and if properly aligned it will give you better handling properties versus stock height...

You will lose a bit of comfort but the handling "can" improve drastically over stock height...

·
Registered
349 Posts
If Honda comes out with the HFP suspension for the CRZ i'm jumping on that.
I installed it on my wife's Si...slight drop, no rubbing, very stiff.
Really changes the car's handling.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
If Honda comes out with the HFP suspension for the CRZ i'm jumping on that.
I installed it on my wife's Si...slight drop, no rubbing, very stiff.
Really changes the car's handling.
i'd get the HFP too but it's not low enough for me... i had Tein S-Techs on my Si 1.5" in the front 1.4" in the rear... perfect drop for the Si... no rubbing even with bigger 225 profile tires... improved handling a whole lot too...

the CR-Z i think will need more of a drop than the Si so HFP is probably out of the question for me on this one too...

·
Registered
79 Posts
IIRC I've seen parts already out in the JDM side... but then again of course.

I can't wait to get it here. I probably won't be doing lots of hardcore stuff. Maybe your basic springs, strut, and chasis parts. Also I already read that tanabe is going to be needing the car once it comes out to test those parts. According to this: Tanabe USA R&D Blog | Research & Development Session Updates Day-to-Day

So that's quick easy free parts right there.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
i would drop with the HFP too... but IMO they never go low enough for me... take my Si... HFP was 0.8" or so... the springs i bought were 1.4-1.5"... not a huge difference... but way better on the looks IMO...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts