Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am currently fixing my crz I had just changed the transmission and a month later someone crashed me I’m currently trying to find some headlights aftermarket to make it look nicer anyone have any suggestions or should I just replace it with a new one from Honda
Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
This has been discussed a lot. There are no or very few aftermarket headlights for this car. Make sure you get the right one. Base all halogen or ex and above with HID (High Intensity Discharge). Then there are with LED daylight running lights (DRL) or high beam as DRL.
All headlights for this car are hard to find.

Depending on your insurance, they are maybe able to get you a replacement headlight from sources we as the public do not have access to.

Used sometimes show up here Used CRZ Parts | Honda | 2011-2016 | Redline Auto Parts there are also many places online that sell parts. Or for new use Genuine OEM Honda Parts and Accessories Online - Honda Parts Now to find the right part number then either order from them, your local dealer or web search for the one you need. They are over $300 each and that does not include bulbs, it is just the "capsule". If you get a new one you may find the existing one is severely fogged or pitted etc. so you may end up buying both sides.

Good luck getting it fixed and back on the road, safely.

Hello I am currently fixing my crz I had just changed the transmission and a month later someone crashed me I’m currently trying to find some headlights aftermarket to make it look nicer anyone have any suggestions or should I just replace it with a new one from Honda View attachment 68959

·
Registered
2014 Honda CR-Z EX CVT
163 Posts
You can buy some on eBay but i'd recommend using something like row52 or car-part.com and just search for a junkyard that has it.
Plus you could pick up a hood, bumper, and fender at the same time.

You can take them apart and paint them if you want them to look more interesting.
Or, if you are really adventurous, buy a 2016 JDM headlight (LED) and go through all the crazy wiring shenanigans to get that working on a US spec. That'd look sick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys thanks a lot for the reply’s I ended up buying the new one off the dealer they had one here in my area they called it a special order since it was the last in stock and got it for 600 but hopefully later on I would like to modify it a bit lo make them look custom

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Hey guys thanks a lot for the reply’s I ended up buying the new one off the dealer they had one here in my area they called it a special order since it was the last in stock and got it for 600 but hopefully later on I would like to modify it a bit lo make them look custom
Why did you pay double? Hopefully it is the right one. But I maybe out of touch as to what they cost now. IMO being they are a highly engineered and expensive part modifications to them would be a bad idea. They are a safety item.
Consider Paint Protection film to prevent it from fogging. I had that done to all my lights and have never had to restore them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts