Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
There aren't very many notable tuning shops in the DFW area. I myself have searched, and haven't found a place that I feel comfortable with. From my understanding, alot of them are going to be based in California, because of its proximity to Japan, for ease of importing products.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I have a great place here in NY if need be.
But I'm a tech so I just buy the parts and install
them myself. Little stuff like intakes and exhausts are
simple enough I believe for most people to handle.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Definitely. I have never worked on a car before in my life besides the basic oil change, spark plugs, etc. and was able to install my HKS Intake and Exhaust with no issues at all. But I'm not sure if the OP is looking for somewhere to buy parts, or to actually replace and tune the ECU. May need a bit of clarification. :)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I have no idea what an aftermarket tuner is! But I know what a tuner is and well the aftermarket hasnt grown enough yet on this platform to really inquire about tuning! Theres no ecu upgrade yet or tuning software either. As for CAI, jus purchase one on line from one of our vendors and read the directions and install it yourself, it's really fairly simple, most bolt ons are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.