Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to buy after market rims for CR-Z, so many to choose from
I like to see some other member's wheels ....
The OEM wheels are kind of boring
I seen Spoon rims on the CR-Z before but they are very expensive
anyone upgraded to different size of wheels so far, please post your pictures.
thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Keep in mind if you buy bigger or heavier wheels you will be reducing fuel efficiency and power.

also tirerack.com has the CR-Z on it so you can see those wheels and I'm sure someone would be willing to do a shop of any wheels that are not on there.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'm most likely staying with a 16" wheel. Here's my first choice: 2011 Honda CR-Z EX

If I end up going with a 17" wheel I'll either go with OZ Superturismo GT in black or OZ Alleggerita HLT in gold.

I have a Crystal Black Z.
OZ Superturismo GT in black:
2011 Honda CR-Z EX

OZ Alleggerita HLT in gold:
2011 Honda CR-Z EX

I may do these in black (Alleggerita HLT)

I'm leaning more towards the 16" Sparco wheels, though. Wrapped in Dunlop Star Specs.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Planning to buy after market rims for CR-Z, so many to choose from
I like to see some other member's wheels ....
The OEM wheels are kind of boring
I seen Spoon rims on the CR-Z before but they are very expensive
anyone upgraded to different size of wheels so far, please post your pictures.
thanks
17x7 MB Weapons... with Conti Extreme Contact DSW 225/45ZR17 tires

·
Registered
86 Posts
After seeing the photo of the MB Weapons and not liking how bright the standard wheels look with the white car, I went to my local Discount Tire store. On the floor there was an all black chrome wheel. The MB Phanthom Black Chrome is a new color of the Seven X model. They were $145 per wheel. The out the door price with sales tax, installation and installation kit was $755. I checked price from Discount Tire Direct because they offered $50 off, free shipping and no sales tax. It would cost $5 more per tire for installation. The local salesmanl said he would match the price and discounted price $120. The out the door price was $652. The wheels are 16x7 and when these tire wear out, I plan getting Conti DWS 225 X 50. I am very pleased the way they look on the car. They are very shinny.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
After seeing the photo of the MB Weapons and not liking how bright the standard wheels look with the white car, I went to my local Discount Tire store. On the floor there was an all black chrome wheel. The MB Phanthom Black Chrome is a new color of the Seven X model. <SNIP>.
Sound nice! The Weapons I have are actually rebadged A-Techs from Japan (clearly marked as A-Tech).... do your Seven-X's show any like that?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I didn't notice. Were would badging appear. The caps and boxes say MB.

The model number is 16X7 5-100/11440PBC if you want to look them up.

I now need sale the other wheels with 770 miles on them. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
I didn't notice. Were would badging appear. The caps and boxes say MB.

The model number is 16X7 5-100/11440PBC if you want to look them up.

I now need sale the other wheels with 770 miles on them. Any suggestions?
craigslist 'em... I have a my stock set of wheels and tires with less than 80 miles on them... I gotta sell them also.

The A-Tech is molded into the wheel between the spokes on mine.... pretty clear....

·
Registered
145 Posts
yes - no problem.

talked to hugh at Evasive Motorsports. great guys.
they have some really nice wheels! the SSR Type-Cs look very nice.
they even tried a 18x8.5 and it did fit! moight be alittle too tight on the front though.

later
dan

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have tested some wheels to see how aggressive the CRZ can go and here's one ;)

Volk CE28N 17*8.5 +47 with 235 tires *no rubbing*

alanchan, if you want something cheap, you might wanna look into Enkei or TenzoR.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.