Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased these wheels with Pirelli P6 Four Seasons 225/45R17 and was wondering what lug nuts do you prefer and the correct ones. I know i need 35mm but are they 12x1.5 or 12x1.25? My car came with the 16 inch oem wheels 16x6. I have a feeling this might be a noob question, just like my previous post was lol :blush: Also I heard that the Rays lugnuts aren't good to be using with an airgun, so what lugnuts do you prefer to be removed with airguns, since the place I go to always uses them to remove the lug nuts. Thanks for replies in advance and have a nice night.

· Registered
1,939 Posts
I just purchased these wheels with Pirelli P6 Four Seasons 225/45R17 and was wondering what lug nuts do you prefer and the correct ones. I know i need 35mm but are they 12x1.5 or 12x1.25? My car came with the 16 inch oem wheels 16x6. I have a feeling this might be a noob question, just like my previous post was lol :blush: Also I heard that the Rays lugnuts aren't good to be using with an airgun, so what lugnuts do you prefer to be removed with airguns, since the place I go to always uses them to remove the lug nuts. Thanks for replies in advance and have a nice night.
I'm actually curious myself to find out which lug size this car runs, however I would suggest a muteki open end.

· Registered
708 Posts
i have gorilla nuts *Lol* b/c they came w/ my wheels. and have lasted about 8 years. i would go for something that looks how you want it to look and is from a brand you recognize. dont use an airgun at all on your lugs. especially aluminum lugs. you mush them all up lol

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will post pics of the wheels but I don't have them installed yet, does anyone know which lugnuts I should get for using an airgun to remove them? Like will titanium nuts do the trick? So basically I need 35mm 12x1.5 lugnuts. Do they need to be short ones or long ones? Sorry I'm very new to replacing wheels cuz I had a 350z with rays track wheels.
I can post pics of just the wheels not installed if you want.

· Registered
1,285 Posts
i like these in the 150-180 range

and these in the 280-400 range :drool:

Those Ti lugs are seks.

I wouldn't cheap out on lug nuts. Either spend the money on the good ones or just get the Gorilla lugs. Gorilla aren't too expensive, but they're not flimsy aluminum, like most of the aluminum offerings. There's a reason they say "no airtools". Because they used a cheap alloy.

· Registered
708 Posts
well, and there is a lot of argument on this, the high end cars that do use aluminum lugs ALSO have titanium studs. i think the aluminum on aluminum is whats the big no-no. ive broken off a stud by using a little too much omphf. the way to use an airtool on them is to set it to 35lbs and tighten the rest of the way w/ your wrench

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stock lugs?

Thanks for all the help, where is a good place outside of California to purchase these cuz I wanna avoid sales tax... One last noob question, I know it's a no no to use the lugs that came with car, but how come? I know they weigh more, but other than that, how come it's not recommended to do so?

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Project Kics Leggdura Racing Lug Nuts

I purchased the Project Kics Leggdura Racing Lug Nuts, just was wondering if I can use an airgun to remove the lugs?
P.S. I put on 1 wheel with stock lugs to prove that I do have these wheels.

Attachments

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got another problem, on the back center of my wheel where you can see the back of the drill holes, it has etched into it 5x100 but I know it is 5x114.3 because I tried it on with stock lugs and it fit perfectly. The question is I need to buy advan center caps but for 5x100 I need 63mm and for 5x114.3 I need 73mm... Is there a chance
I need 63mm center caps? Should I just measure the diameter of the circle?

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Advan Center Caps

Sorry about the double post, i used my phone for a quick reply and acted like it erased what I posted so I went onto my computer to post. I have one other problem... On the back of the center of my wheel it's etched 5x100 but I also have a Yokohama sticker around the rim saying 114.3. I know it is 114.3 but for 5x100 I need a 63mm cap and for 5x114.3 I need a 73mm cap... Which do I need? Should I just measure the diameter? I measured it at its 7.3 cm = 73mm but what I dont get is why on the back of the wheel it is etched into the rim 5x100 but on the side of the rim it says 114.3...

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I posted a picture on Post #13 of the wheel, it looks flush with the hole, I can't double check since i put the oem wheel back on... I got those leggdura's you recommended. I decided to go with black lugs. I will post pics by this weekend (thats when I'll hopefully get them). Thanks for all the help Vash337.:thumbsup:

· Registered
1,285 Posts
well, and there is a lot of argument on this, the high end cars that do use aluminum lugs ALSO have titanium studs. i think the aluminum on aluminum is whats the big no-no. ive broken off a stud by using a little too much omphf. the way to use an airtool on them is to set it to 35lbs and tighten the rest of the way w/ your wrench
Yes, an airtool such as a ratchet is fine to get them snugh. An impact gun IS NOT!

I'll most likely by ponying up the $$$ for the Ti lugs you posted, or something similar.

I purchased the Project Kics Leggdura Racing Lug Nuts, just was wondering if I can use an airgun to remove the lugs?
P.S. I put on 1 wheel with stock lugs to prove that I do have these wheels.
I wouldn't use an airgun. A crossbar is the best. You can literally spin the lugs on.

I got another problem, on the back center of my wheel where you can see the back of the drill holes, it has etched into it 5x100 but I know it is 5x114.3 because I tried it on with stock lugs and it fit perfectly. The question is I need to buy advan center caps but for 5x100 I need 63mm and for 5x114.3 I need 73mm... Is there a chance
I need 63mm center caps? Should I just measure the diameter of the circle?
Do you not have a measuring tape? Measure the hole where the cap goes. Insane concept, I know. ;)
Are you sure the bolt pattern is 5x114? Stock lugs won't determine that. That number is the bolt hole # and bolt hole spacing. I thought the CR-Z's wheels are 5x100? Am I mistaken?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.